Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was comparing Rivain's udder to Twinkle's photos from last year. 8 days after hitting Rivain's current stage Twinky foaled.

I really hate this part of foaling, the waiting!

haha your further along then me!! and at least you know the dates!!
default_wacko.png
lol well thats very exciting!! n it won't be long now!!!
default_yes.gif

Noooo Rivain is going to go first shes going to have her baby tomorrow night
default_aktion033.gif
come on girl that udder looks more than ready

She certainly looks close - will be waiting for the happy announcement!!
default_yes.gif

Still no foals, I've taken some new udder shots and will resize them, I think they've both gained a bit in their udders.

Sorry about the bad angles, camera battery was low so I was rushing without trying to rus, I didn't want to upset the girls!

Rivain:

rivain 2408 udderbackmorning.jpg

rivain 2408 uddersidemorning.jpg

Ashanti:

ashanti 2408 udderbackmorning.jpg

ashanti 2408 uddersidemorning.jpg

Love all the pictures of your girls and their progress!!
aktion033.gif
yay!

Glad you're enjoying them Megan
default_biggrin.png

I can't wait to be photographing foals and not udders though
default_new_rofl.gif

Ashanti gives me no timeline! It's just nothing nothing nothing and then bam! An udder! Looks like she is continuing that trend as she fills it as well.

At least Rivain has been nicely progressing step by step.

WOW!!!! Bree those girls are going great guns!! Suzie hasn't been listening or watching, can we have phone call between Ashanti and Suzie please??!! LOL

won't be long now! Rivain is huge!! in the udder department!

Soon you will be sending us foal pics!! this weekend I reckon!!
default_yes.gif

I'll put them on the phone to Suzie
default_new_rofl.gif
Actually just Ashanti, I bet Rivain would chat for hours and run up a huge phone bill!

I really want them to wax up and give me warning, Twinkles was nice enough to do that last year and it was very nice to have the heads up.

haha yes please!! make sure they tell her that she needs to bag up tonight! and then she can have the foal in the next week!! LOL sounds lilke a great plan to me!!
default_biggrin.png

so did Rivain take a while before she filled up really big? was it slow progress? do you have any pics? sorry I'm just curious I will post the pics of Suzie later and you can see what you think...
default_yes.gif
if you don't mind that is LOL

When I'm resizing the pics from this afternoon I'll make a little run through of changes so we can see them right next to each other. I've also got Twinkles' shots from last year if you'd like to see them. She was a very textbook mare but she took her time about things, if 'the book' said you would see a change 3 to 5 days after the last one she would go to 5 days! But she waxed up and milk tested to perfection, she really gave me the best and easiest first time foaling! I hope she does it again in October
default_biggrin.png

Thanks Bree
default_smile.png

it would really help me with Suzie
default_yes.gif
LOL if you don't mind,

are you having lovely weather this arvo? we are! beautiful day!

It is fantastic down here! The show horses have been turned out all day for the past few days and they are loving it! Especially Pallidon, he has a lot of energy to burn but what do you expect from a young stallion who knows breeding season is just around the corner. I think I won't tell him that Tinker is getting the first girls!
default_new_rofl.gif

haha!! this is our first good day! hoping tomorrow is good aswell so I can let Smartie and Penny out in the big paddock!!!
default_biggrin.png
if I do I'll try take a video of her running around she is so cute!!
default_yes.gif

Pallidon must be hanging for some mares!!
default_wub.png

He is
default_wacko.png
he bred his first mares last season so this is his first season where he knows what that smell is, I've already noticed some of my mini girls going on heat and some neighbouring QHs must be doing the same. He also knows Tinker is here so he isn't the only stallion anymore.

I have three mares that are empty this year, two of them are going to Tinker and Palli may get the third. If not he'll have to wait until the other girls have foaled down before he gets any girls to himself.

Must admit it is a bit of a juggling act choosing which mares go to which stallion and which ones get a year off! Easier when I had two mares and one stallion
default_new_rofl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back