Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivian's udder is coming along nicely! Is it wrong for me to be jealous of your horses udder?? Poor Darla...she has such a pendelous goat udder!!!

Nice comparison Diane, it is really interesting (or somtimes annoying!) to see how the different mares develop.

Got some new udder shots whic I will stick up after dinner, more growth from Rivain and I think a little change in Ashanti.

Rivain has turned clingy to her two best mare friends and sulky towards me, I grabbed these while she was in a very intense grooming session so she managed to avoid being caught for one of her check ups.

rivain 2108 back.jpg

rivain 2108 udderback.jpg

rivain 2108 udderside.jpg

With Ashanti being one of my new mares it is harder to judge her character changes, she is also heavily shedding out her winter coat which seems to be her primary motivation at the moment.

ashanti 2108 back.jpg

ashanti 2108 side.jpg

ashanti 2108 udder.jpg

definite changes for both girls!! I wish Suzie would have an udder like Rivain
default_no.gif
default_wacko.png
lol

when were there due dates again?
default_wink.png

If aiming at day 336 Rivain is due 1st of September and Ashanti due on the 12th of September.

But their breeders foudn the majority of their mares foaled closer to day 326 last season so I'm keeping a very close eye on them both.

very good
default_smile.png
I'm wondering if Suzie might foal between the two... by the look of how they are progressing and if suzie keeps up with them...
default_unsure.png
wouldn't want her to foal any later then the 20th September
default_wacko.png

so your girls foal in the paddock Bree?

Yup, paddock foaling here. Rivain would probably go on strike if I tried to put her in the stable, she doesn't even like walking too close to the stable block
default_rolleyes.gif
I can't really blame her, she's spent most of her life doing her own thing and hasn't been stabled a day in her life. She's only been on the float once to get here!

naw, I understand completly!! Smartie HATES the stable!!!
default_wacko.png
haven't tried him with the girls here yet, as I only have one stall up and running, hopefully he will be better with his girlfriends!!
default_yes.gif

how is she looking tonight? have you got the alarm fixed yet?

At last check no obvious changes so I might do one middle of the night check and then leave her until morning. My gut is saying not tonight. I'll build the amount of checks she gets around her signs and hope that doesn't steer me wrong.

Foal alarm is going in for repairs so I might have it back for Ashanti but definetly for Twinkles in October. It looks like she may have dunked the whole transmitter for long enough to fry somthing in it. Probably some sort of evil plan to stop me shoving the foal back in if it's a bay colt
default_new_rofl.gif
I think the geldings dobbed me in
default_wink.png

Come on Rivain
default_whistling.gif
...Im convinced your the first to go out of all these ladies waiting

Haha I reckon you right Bree lol how is she looking this morning?? That Is really frustrating about the alarm im sure suzie did the same thing she just wanted to be famous n be on camera lol

Both girls have more in their udders. I get the feeling Ashanti might sneak her foaling up on me, she went from having no udder to "hmmm okay, I think I'll fill it." It isn't huge but it was certainly a bigger jump then Rivain did!

Today Rivain is feeling smoochy towards me and the girls
default_wacko.png
I swear this girl can't make up her mind!

Ashanti just wants her coat out, we had a nice session with the shedding blade until Beauty decided she wanted some attention. Just a little bit of sister rivalry to start the day off!

Well you caught her! I'll let her know she didn't sneak past everyone
default_new_rofl.gif
Looks like my own two girls are racing each other now! Rivain still has the bigger udder but we'll have to wait and see what Ashanti does very closely.

can I see pics please? Bree if you get a chance?? dam I want Suzie to do that to me!!! anyday Suzie!!!
default_wacko.png

your going to have some babies soon, your going to have some babies soon, your going to have some babies soon!!!!! how exciting!!
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

I think her udder-from-the-back shots show the difference best.

Last Night and with This Morning on the right

ashanti 2108 udderback.jpgashanti 2208udderbackmorning.jpg

Suzie will change soon, maybe you'll get an instant udder! I still want to see all the girls drop their foals next week. Maybe they can do one per day, or one per hour!
default_new_rofl.gif

Knowing my luck they'll both give me bay colts! But I've had a stern talking to with both of them, Ashanti had a bay colt to the same sire last year so now it is time for a silver filly, bay or buckskin will be fine
default_biggrin.png
And Rivain of course has to have a buckskin filly with bling
default_wink.png

Rivain's calculator:

29.17% - Buckskin

29.17% - Bay

16.67% - Palomino

16.67% - Chestnut

4.17% - Smoky Black

4.17% - Black

Ashanti's calculator:

16.67% - Palomino