Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone!
default_wub.png
I'm quite fond of my herd. I lose a lot of time in the day just hanging around with them, not doing anything just chatting and giving scratchies. They really are the best company!

Thanks Lindi-loo and Mareish Mom, I think over the years a lot of us end out with a shy horse story or two. Thankfully these shorties are so giving that most of them come good with time
default_biggrin.png

Wet!
default_new_rofl.gif

No obvious changes in belly but I'll check udders with the camera when the rain clears. I've put off moving them to the foaling paddock until tomorrow when it is supposed to be less wet.

That would be nice Cassie! I just went out and got some new shots, not the best because neither me or the mares felt like hanging around for long! I almost climbed into the shower to get dry
default_new_rofl.gif

Rivain:

rivain1008 back.jpg

rivain1008 side.jpg

rivain1008 udderback.jpg

rivain1008 udderside.jpg

No changes this morning. I hate this stage when the bellies shift but there is no udder action! But hopefully the weather will be nicer when they do foal.

Yeah I hate this bit too when there are a few things happening but just not enough (to keep me happy LOL)

I always find this part the longest as you know they can go anytime but most likely will go all the way and and then some. 11 months is just too long to wait lol

I used to breed rabbits, they were pregnant for 4 weeks, babies got weaned at 8 weeks and most were at breedign age by 3 months! Now I have the horses with 11 months, 6 months, and 3 years! Big difference!

Both September girls have plenty of time for those udders to fill so I'm not stressing or exppecting any suprise foals and Ashanti could carry for longer as she was paddock bred, thankfully the wtinesed her being served so thats where I got my due date from!

But still, I hate waiting! These are my first 'planned from scratch' foals. When I brought Twink home she had three months left. With both these girls I picked the stallions and have been waiting for a long time.

Ashanti's last foal to this stallion was a nice little bay colt, I've told her she has to give me a silver filly this time so fingers crossed.

Rivain hasn't had a foal in a few years, her first and only one was a little bay but I don't know what the stallion was. To Palli I have my fingers crossed for a buckskin filly with bling leg markings, Palli's star and a combination of their movement. Not that I'm asking for much
default_new_rofl.gif
But I've been wanting a buckskin with bling since I started keeping minis and I'd love to get one sired by my boy.

Shifted all the girls into the foaling paddock today. They are also closer to Tinker which makes it much easier to spot when the empty mares come in season.

Ashanti and Rivain enjoying the grass:

september girls.jpg

Rivain udder:

rivain 1108 udderside.jpg

Ashanti udder:

ashanti1108 udder.jpg

Sorry she has such a bad shot, she's so hairy and the pale colour makes the flash struggle to light it up properly. I'm considering clipping her just in that area.

I know the angle isn't the same, but does anyone else think Rivain's udder has begun to fill since yesterday?

I was thinking maybe, its hard to tell withought the comparison shot right next too it... can you repost yesterdays one?? please
default_biggrin.png

Quick update, pics tonight or tomorrow if I get the time.

Both Septmeber girls are getting udder action, just slow filling but a noticable change every day. Rivain's in particular is now visible when she is walking! 2 and a half weeks until her due date now!
default_laugh.png

I've been really happy with Rivain's progression, every day is a slight change and another step forward. So far she has been very nice to me
default_new_rofl.gif

Today's foal update is brought to you with the assistance of Dreamy and Beauty.
default_new_rofl.gif

The Girls.jpg

Dreamy, Ashanti and Beauty

Beauty helps me check all the mares. Somtimes Dreamy helps! They snuffle faces and Beauty even sticks her head under bellies to 'help' me check udders. I wish Beauty's face was in this shot because all three mares are sisters! Dreamy and Beauty share their dam and Ashanti and Beauty share their sire (with Pallidon as well!)

And here is Dreamy The Possibly Pregnant

Dreamy 1808.jpg

Rivain is now wearing her foal alarm.

rivain 1808 front.jpg

rivain 1808 side.jpg

rivain 1808 udder.jpg

WOW a big change in a day
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
Rivain shes so hairy and such a big belly cutie
default_wub.png

She's very close now ^^

Day 336 on 1st of September but really she could race through her remaining changes any time from now and drop that foal so that's why the alarm is on. She has a bit more udder to fill and I think her belly needs to hang a little more but as we've been told on all the other foal threads she could do this any time she wants. I hope she waxes up 24 hours out and gives me plenty of warning
default_new_rofl.gif

That's Palli's first foal in there and I've already told her that if it is a bay colt I'm sticking it back in! Buckskin fiilly with bling, buckskin filly with bling
default_new_rofl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back