Marlanoc Foal Thread, All Foaled! 4 colts, 1 filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see how they clip out! But since it won't be done here I might not be able to get photos until thier first show in September. I'll have foals by then!

I have a really old wooden float I picked up at a reasonable price and had three internal panels made to split up the inside and float the minis sideways. It's nothing flash but it's sturdy and easy to replace bits if anything is iffy. Really need to start putting money aside for a new one though, I want a converted extended double horse float so I can big guys in it and increase the size of my own show team. I REALLY want one form these guys http://www.elitefloats.com.au/index.html

Kalari was supposed to be part of a float
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl bad Kalari using my money!

haha my dream is to own one of Renee's Elite floats as well! aren't they gorgeous! ideally I would like to get the one that is two (big )horse straight and 4 (mini) angle
default_smile.png

but like you... need to save a bit for that one lol

lol naughty Kalari but I think it was money well spent on her Bree lol. :D

Rotten rain ruined my photo spree
default_thumbdown.gif
No fair!

Renee's floats are fantastic! A lot of nice extras as well, I'm trying to work out if I want to lose space and have some of the camper stuff put in. At the moment I do two overnight shows in a season but I really want to start riding again and start low level dressage which might see me travelling a little more. I also want to diversify my stud into a second breed which could add more overnights. But really not sure if I want to lose the space!

I got a Canon EOS 550D, they're running the model out now to make way for the newer version so I got it fairly cheap which is always a bonus
default_thumbup.gif

Dear Weather,

Just stop. I want to play with my camera.

Also I've lost count of how often I have lost my boot in the mud and Beauty is getting too quick at stealing them.
default_thumbdown.gif

haha I am exactly the same bree, I went to let Suzie and Smartie into the big paddock and my boot got stuck in the mud Suzie pushed past me and I almost fell over LOL
default_thud.gif
no thank you! we have had enough rain now lol.

oooh we love our Cannon, Russell my brother has that model and loves it! mum has the new Cannon EOS 600D she got it from Europe when they went, and I love taking pics with it!

I agree about the floats
default_smile.png
I think when I get mine I'll get some extras put in it too, makes it so much easier and comfier and if you like after them well, they are so much easier to sell with the extras in them
default_thumbup.gif

what breed are you thinking of going?
default_whistling.gif

Every pro I spoke to told me to get a Canon, so glad I did as I just had a little play with it by stalking the cats! Will resize a few pics and put them up
default_thumbup.gif

With the floats I really want a 2H Angle load deluxe. This would mean I'd lose some space up the front with the microwave/fridge/cupboards but not as much as the camper version which has a bed. I prefer my roll out camp mat anyway so no loss! I'd also lose a space at the other end for the tack box but again I think I'll want the storage space. Even with that lost space I think I can have a team of 5 minis in the float, maybe even 6? Won't know until I start seriously looking which won't be anytime in the next year probably more.

The breed I really want is the Lipizzaner. Some people keep telling me I'm insane since there are so few over here but I have adored them for years! I'm determined to do it in the future although I'll be unlikely to ever have more then two mares so it wouldn't be as large as my mini breeding. Need to get my float and my dressage horse before then though so it's awhile off.

Well he isn't a horse and he isn't pregnant but he is inside where it's dry and he loves the camera! Probably because he is so cute and photographs so well that we've all been stalking him with cameras all his life
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

cami01.jpg

'Helping' me clean by emptying the rubbish bag.

cami02.jpg

Trying to get a closer look but I love the shot!

cami06.jpg

And just being sweet.

naw cute!! lovely cat!
default_smile.png
nice piccies, yeah I like canon the best, I have a little Olympus that I have had for years and its a good quick pic one but when I upgrade I'll be going for a canon
default_smile.png

wow, Lipizzaners are gorgeous! good luck with that
default_smile.png

yeah I would definitley get a tack box too, sounds like you have it all planned out
default_smile.png
good on you!

Oh Bree your cat is gorgeous - and that new camera takes a beautiful picture. Cant wait for your weather to give you a break so that we can have some pics of your chips.
default_yes.gif

As for your future plans/dreams about breeding Lippi's, what a brilliant idea. I'm a huge Lippi fan as back at the beginning of the 1960's I went for 6 months training to Robert Hall's Fulmer School of Equitation for my horse exams. At that time the School was the major place to go in the UK for any sort of horse training, but they concentrated on dressage as Robert was one of the first 'students' accepted at the Spanish Riding School when he was younger. He also purchased 8 Lippi stallions from the School when he left there and 6 of them were still at Fulmer when I was there. Wonderful horses and so perfectly trained. Robert's wife Jook had her own personal one that she represented the UK with in the Olimpic Games Dressage - Bill (Conversano Caprice) was the youngest of the Lippi's and was still slightly dappled in colour whereas the others were completely white. The one I looked after while I was there (Stozie - Maestoso Brezevica) was Robert's personal boy and both he and Bill were also trained in the classic "airs above the ground". Stozie was kept for advanced riders coming for private lessons with Robert, but after I had finished my training I returned every three weeks for another 6 months for a private lesson with Robert and I got to ride Stozie - what a dream of a horse and it was so fantastic to actually ride him after caring for him and loving him for those 6 months. The whole time was a wonderful experience and one that I have never/will never forget.

Lippi's are the BEST!!
default_thumbup.gif

naw lovely photos Bree!! yipeee, Ashanti is looking SOOO well! she is such a beautiful girl! and I love your little Derby so much LOL he is so like Finn in colouring lol besides his white hehe/

and your girls are beautiful, lovely pics thank you
default_smile.png

quick question... where do you get your show halters from?

Yes Derby's bay is so very much like Finn's! I was thinking that myself after your recent photos, they both have the same mealy around the mouth and eyes as well. And Ashanti is just a super model
default_wub.png
that's why she insists on so many photos
default_new_rofl.gif

Depends which halters you're talking about. Spesh's beaded halter is handmade over here by Leading Designs. My bar halters are from Kingstons in QLD and are American. Although with how the AUS$ and the USD$ are going it's now often cheaper to buy from America.

Mini Tack has a few http://www.minitack.com/haltersh.htm

But I like Star Lake's range better http://starlakefarm.com/miniaturehorseshowhalters.html

That's just one of the pages, scroll down to find the others. If I get a new show halter this year it will probably be a Designer Shiloh or a Tiffany. But first I'm getting a new presentation set made for Tinker by eadign Designs. Can't wait for that one!!!
default_thumbup.gif

Oh Bree what gorgeous huggy, cuddly chips, all woolly and VERY cute!!
default_thumbup.gif

Keep the pictures coming please.
default_yes.gif

I love the pictures of your cat - he reminds me of a smug Garfield lol

I invested in the 7d and I just LOVE it and I also got the 24 -70 f2.4 L and it's amazing I cant say enough about it. I am now saving for the 70 - 200 f2.8 L IS but will probably be another while before I can get it since I am now replacing my laptop (screen is cracked and it needs a new keyboard so too expensive to fix for it's age) and I am going for an all singing all dancing laptop so I have speed, memory and super screen for viewing and editing photos. I should have picked a cheaper hobby LOL

Your minis are too cute in their fuzzy wuzzies - I still find it weird to see them fuzzy while mine are in their summer wardrobe lol

I love the pictures of your cat - he reminds me of a smug Garfield lol

I invested in the 7d and I just LOVE it and I also got the 24 -70 f2.4 L and it's amazing I cant say enough about it. I am now saving for the 70 - 200 f2.8 L IS but will probably be another while before I can get it since I am now replacing my laptop (screen is cracked and it needs a new keyboard so too expensive to fix for it's age) and I am going for an all singing all dancing laptop so I have speed, memory and super screen for viewing and editing photos. I should have picked a cheaper hobby LOL

Your minis are too cute in their fuzzy wuzzies - I still find it weird to see them fuzzy while mine are in their summer wardrobe lol
I know! What were we thinking with horses and photogoraphy?
default_new_rofl.gif
Do we like empty wallets or something?

Beautiful cat. What breed? Or is he a gorgeous mix?
He's a red coloured Burmese, the fav breed in this house!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

Too cold and windy so here's the other burmese:

avalonjuly01.jpg

Avalon's my special cat
default_wub.png
:wub

Bree, Avalon is gorgeous!!

thanks for the links
default_smile.png
I'm trying to work out what colour is going to suit Penny best... what do you think? most people I have spoken to think I should go with Silver or gold... lol so hard to choose lol.

yeah can you put up some pics of Derby in his summer coat for me? pretty please?? oh I know I'll have a look at your facebook pics hehe. I am thinking Finn and Derby are VERY similar in colouring
default_smile.png
so cute, both little fluffy midgets lol how tall is Derby now?

Back