Maresysteria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee

Reaction score
Maresysteria – A medical condition of horse people cause my countless hours of mare stare.

Symptoms may include countless sleepless night, patience’s may smell of a barn, person(s) getting excited over equine “cow patties”, seeing mare foaling sighs that don’t really exist, repeatedly saying, “I think tonight’s the night”...every night, and just plain old craziness.

Its official I have Maresysteria so I need your help. The first photo was taken march 24th and the second was taken today. Is it me or is her belly dropped into a bit more of a “v” towards he back end?

THANKS!!

photo-3.jpg

photo-6.jpg

Baby has definitely dropped, but I bet you notice the point of the "v" shifts toward the front more before she foals.

I always like to share these pics when someone asks about the "v"

Couple days before:

DSCI0005.jpg

Few hours before she foaled:

DSCI0083.jpg

DSCI0080.jpg

as you can see she was absolutely miserable! lol

OMG!!!! I HAVE THIS!!! mare on day 339 and I have stared at her so long I cant tell if she has any changes any more... I say every night.. ok tonight is the night

This is a good picture of a V shape, a couple of years ago.

All pictures taken the day before she foaled.

Windy2008ready2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another mare of ours, that showed, these signs 24 hours before foaling.

DicettaApril1120104-1.jpg

DicettaApril112010-1.jpg

Wax 24 hours before foaling.

DicettaApril112010second-1.jpg

Awesome pics guys! Thanks so much! I'm so bummed that she didn't pop last night cause I'm leaving for Dominican tonight and will most likely miss it. I don't think she will go another week. She is in great care, but I wish I could be here when this muchkin arrives.

Last night while she ate her dinner if I pushed in above her flanks I could feel the baby rolling and pushing back! So cool!

I'm also happy that our mare seems just happy as can be!

Latest posts

Back