Marestarers....I'd say I have one that will go tonight.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erica

Reaction score
http://www.marestare.com/tinytrotter.php

On cam is Erica's Can't Touch This or Toucher; a buckskin with bald face and blue eyes, sired by Cross Country Rowdy Reflection and out of Manson Red Roan Spotted Socks Lady (Knockers dam)

She is in foal to Cross Country Take My Breath Away - HOF, Res. National Champion son of Redboy; he tested LWO neg, but must be carrying splash pretty heavily I'd say by some of his foals.

Touchers udder is as tight as it can get and she's as loose behind as jello, and very deep red inside, hips are sunk way down, belly is hanging down and all signs say it's a go. Not enough milk to really do a full test so I didn't worry about it (she didn't produce a whole lot of milk until at foaling last year (her first))

She's got the Breeder Alert on, but I've been having a few issues with it, think it's time to send in and get a check up; so if you are watching and see her getting close or in labor you can call my cell (first number listed) I'll have the TV on in my bed, and will be napping on and off. Barn is about three hundred feet from the house so it takes me a little bit to get up to her and I don't enter the stall unless they are down and pushing.

Fingers crossed her birth is as textbook as the first ten.

She just laid down but she looks pretty peaceful. I was suprised she didnt foal last night and held out this long actually. Guess only they know when it is time
default_smile.png

Hey sheryl you only have 2 more hours to claim your foals
default_wink.png

I'll be looking forward to seeing a healthy foal in the morning, while I catch some Zzzz's . I finally have a short break before the next and last one of the year maybe a week
default_rolleyes.gif
Marestare is so exhausting...

Good Luck Erica I'll be watching as long as I can keep my eyes open
default_biggrin.png

Touchers sister Blue is ready to go to. Bag is full, tight and squirting out nice syryp thick "milk".

C'mon birthday babies.
default_aktion033.gif

BLUE beat her sister!!!

12:40 a.m. I'll post details in a bit. Rhythm due in 2 days.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

I see Ms. Toucher still has the baby on the inside!!! Tell her she's getting beat left and right with Sheryl's sister to her going last night and my sister to her so farrrrrrrrr in the lead having gone 2.5 weeks ago!

I cannot wait to see this baby! I love Toucher and Taker. I will have my sunglasses handy, too.

And, of course, I cannot wait to see Sheryl's new little one... I got some of the details from her but am dying to see pics
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

Sheryl...NOT FAIR!

DETAILS!!!!! You know how much I love Blue! I HAVE to know!!! :)

Toucher I swear, hope all is in position, and she's just being drama queen as she acted like she was going to do something early am; up and down, sternal and then flat, swishing tail, looking at belly and kept me up and down with the beeper for NO baby yet......

Sheryl, missed your IM this morning I was ZZZZZZ........log on and give me details
default_smile.png

Of course Sheryl as soon as i get off messanger to catch some sleep Blue foals! I want Details (and oh yes pictures)!!

Jessica,

I can't either; I swear she looks like a jersey milk cow with her udder and how sunk down in the hips she is and how her butt has dropped off........
default_wacko.png

It's raining once again, so I think the reason the cam is sort of getting real grainy and coming and going.....

Erica

Blue was a jersey cow for 3 days! And all day yesterday her milk was beyond syrup thick as I told you in IM. After Blue's foal was born and up and searching for the milk bar, as I was helping it out, I noticed Blue's milk was white. Whereas last year when she foaled it was the yellowish sticky "milk". Maybe Toucher is gonna do the same as her sister.

And as far as Toucher laying this way and that. When I watch her on cam, she does the same stuff Blue does. So I feel your pain!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't for a minute think I can tell you anything you've not seen with foaling, but both Hope (paternal sister) and Lou (no relation) had white thin milk before delivery... Neither had sticky or yellow milk. The vet had me put Hope on Domperidone 1.5 days before Ducky was born, and Lou 6 days before Passion was born (still wonder if maybe she leaked colustrom that we didn't notice as a result?). But neither of them ever had sticky, just white and thin.

Yep Jill, I've only had to give Domperidome to two mares "before" foaling and it did proceed to make both mares milk white before they foaled, not sure if it's a coorelation or not, haven't took time to research or ask. I keep it on hand if I need to give some afterwards if I feel the mare is not producing as much as I'd prefer, but luckily don't have to use it hardly any.

Toucher hasnt' been given any, has a full bag and I can express some milk out (which is good enough for me, even if it's not good enough or enough to really test) at this point it's not white, but she didn't go white last year.....

Then I have mares who are so nice and do turn to white milk the day they foal (gotta love them)

Other who wax and foal same day (gotta love them too)

and then mares that just like to drive you crazy = Toucher now.....

Only thing weird to me on her, is on both sides of her belly, in front of the flank area, under sort of on the under'side' part of her belly, she has like hard pons.........not just a large milk vein; if it is I haven't seen one like that (about the like of a water bottle in diameter and about 1/2 that width) sticking out....

haven't seen it before in all the foalings, of course I'm just hoping all is lined up and it's not weird parts of the foal jutting out, as it's on both sides, same place.

Guess she'll go whenever she feels like it and not a moment sooner
default_smile.png

Ph is at 6.4 or lower......hardness at 1000

I think we will see a baby tonight or soon; just got in from barn and feeding them and she's already pawing and up and down.......

she's looking like she's going to foal VERY soon. pacing around alot looking very uncomfy :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back