Mares!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
Well Joy makes me laugh every day. Yesterday she hated me! She tired to kick me & wouldn't come when I call, ears pinned. Just a bad girl! Then to day, whinnies for me, follows me, runs the fence line when I leave. I did a little training... GOOD AS GOLD! Ha! She’s gonna be one moody mare! Goss I love her!
wub.gif
yes.gif

Any one else have 'funny' mares who change?

Once again I put on my flame proof suit. This is a noted trait of females of most species. Now pardon me whilst I go hide in the wood shed and clean my geldings harnesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do, her name is Nippy, Moody to the hilt. It may be ok to touch her one day and the next she might run you out of the pasture
biggrin.gif

I wont flame you justaboutgeese, I am definantly one of those MOODY females you speak of, My hubby would tell you I speak little and snap often!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

ooh, Chantilly is the worst. When there is a stallion around (or a new mare) she kicks, screams, turns her butt to us with ears pinned. Little stinker. I cannot wait to breed her in a couple years. A very nice foal, AND a calmer mare when she is pregnant

Now that was one time you didn't bite your tongue
wink.gif
wink.gif
At least women are only grouchy occasionally, but oh them men.....
wink.gif
wink.gif

justaboutgeese said:
Once again I put on my flame proof suit.  This is a noted trait of females of most species.  Now pardon me whilst I go hide in the wood shed and clean my geldings harnesses.
469059[/snapback]

See this is why I love Molly.

She is my baby no matter what she is a b**** to other people but her and I have a understanding she always does what mommy says
biggrin.gif

NOW The first 3 years I owned her I cant say the same thing about them!

Ive owned Miss Molly for 5 years as of September the 15th
wub.gif
What a wonderful 5 years!

[SIZE=14pt]Im glad I have a gelding but I also have a haflinger filly who is discovering her bad aditude!!She will be fine one day u can hug and kiss and moll her to death but the next day she will squeel and kick and rear!!Bad girl!!But she is a baby!![/SIZE]

My mares aren't too bad until close to delivering.

Geese- I am all woman and I have to agree. I always said it is easier to work with men than with women. Men don't get mad and hold grudges, they don't beat around the bush and they don't bite off you head if you ask for a pencil...yep, I do all those things, my students still love me...all except the one who lives with me and calls me mom!
smile.gif

Oh barnbum, if you ment Joy, shes only 6 months.. still a baby, so next to her off days, shes an amazing foal! Joy lets 2-3 years olds 'groom' her & pat her, & is almost boomproof!

Now see, that is EXACTLY why I like them boys! Hehe, mares, mares are a whole nother story.
rolleyes.gif
wacko.gif

LMAO, oh Geese, I have to say, that statement is more than true... Unfortunatly..
rolleyes.gif

justaboutgeese said:
Once again I put on my flame proof suit.  This is a noted trait of females of most species.  Now pardon me whilst I go hide in the wood shed and clean my geldings harnesses.
469059[/snapback]

I agree with you 100%
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
LOL! At least women could admit to it! I am glad I am a male, and never having to worry about that LOL

My mare is somedays onry, but I think its cute, what I like best is when she is juiced, I let her out and she runs and runs and runs, and FARTS LOL! I need to get her transfered into my name, and take her to the show, and put her in liberty, she would KICK BUTT! I will post pictures, when my computer is done being worked on!

-Gage-

C'mon guys mares arent that bad!

Barnbum has it right
biggrin.gif

I prefer a mare over a gelding any day - mares have so much more personality. None of my mares have ever been more ornery with me then a gelding and Ive had 6 mares now.

On the other hand, I dont put up with any ornery horse (Mare gleding stallion colt or filly) and they all know how quick I can turn into a you know what if they EVER think to throw a kick at me or pin those little ears and attempt a bite.

Your right Nicole, no one should promote that kind of behavior, cause one day its not going to be so cute, when your in a comma(SP) or got a horse that is biting you, and wont let go, I have only got bit once since the past two year I have owned minis, when I first got Magic she kinda nipped me, I just slitley popped her under her chin (you know what I mean) and said no, not once have I ever had that happen again, the other time she threatend to buck is when I was trying th get her to run, she just kinda bucked a little, I cant get made at her for that, cause that was my fault, but other than the the only other time I have been kicked is when she was playing around on a walk, I just kinda setled her down, it was not intentional! But horses can be dangerous(even minis) and it is something that people shouldnt just think is so cute(especially on a foal that is going to grow)cause one day its not going to be cute! I would take a mare over a gelding any day too, I am wierd though, I would probably take a stallion over a mare though LOL! I have a colt, and no mares that I can even breed him to, but he is going to stay a colt, cause i like stallions, and eventually I will have some mares to breed to him:)

-Gage-

Last edited by a moderator:
I will take a mare any day. Yeah, they can be a little moody on occasion but I don't tolerate any misbehaving. After all I am the alpha mare on my place and we alphas don't have a sense of humor about some stuff. On the other hand I spoil my horses rotten but they also know the difference when the alpha mare rears her ugly head.

I love my stallions and they are more honest than the mares but I do treat them differently as they react differently.

Hey Geese, You got off pretty lucky this time!!!

So far, I've been lucky all the mares have been pretty even tempered with no mood swings.

The AQHA mare I sold a couple years ago, was even tempered, she was gritchy all the time (grumpy + b*tchy = gritchy), don't get me wrong she was a very nice mare, but gritchy was definitely her personality, I got along fine with her. She was awesome to ride. She is now happily owned my a 9 year old girl.

Her daughter has a very pleasing personality as does her granddaughter, and her son is a total puppy-dog, sweetheart of a gelding.

And, my 2 year old mini mare is just a doll. She's a pocket pet if there ever was one.

biggrin.gif

I have always had more mares than anything else and I love my mares. Haven't had any problems with them at all--they are even tempered. Actually they behave better than some geldings I know. I have 1 stallion and my mares/fillies. They all are very even tempered and I enjoy them all. I guess I enjoy my girls!

jennifer
saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back