Mare with retained placenta update....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boinky

Reaction score
Well We had to euthanize my little mare this morning. After being so excited and releived last night about the afterbirth finially coming out i got up to call the vet this morning to find out what time he wanted her there and found that she was in distress. Hypothermic and couldn't get up when i found her..then she completely gave up.

she was having spasms ect.

l'm so so very sorry to read this about your mare it is very sad when you did all you could...l can imagine the anger and saddness/pain you must be feeling..

OHHHH No...

I am so terribly sorry. This is heartbreaking for you. I am sorry.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. Wish you had a better outcome.
default_no.gif

Jan

Oh, I am so sorry to hear of this unfortunate outcome for your mare and for you.
default_sad.png

Hugs,

Peggy

That is heart breaking... I think I would be looking for a new vet or two.. When you need help they should get

there in a timely manner..
default_no.gif

[SIZE=12pt]What a heartbreak! I'm so sorry.[/SIZE]

Barbie

I am so sorry for your mare, prayers going your way to help with the healing, I knowit had to be heartbreaking.

I am so sorry to hear you lost your mare. But I agree with one of the posts, you need to get another vet. No way should he have alowed that placenta to stay inside the mare so long. Sounds like she went into toxic shock which is one of the things a retained placenta can do.

My heart goes out to you.

Oh God......my heart goes out to you.........

I'm so sorry.
default_no.gif
To go through all that and then still lose your mare is heartbreaking.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your mare. We had a mare retain her placenta and called vets for hours. Actually we called every vet in the book. No one would come out because every vet in the Reno/Carson area was at the Reno Rodeo which was less than 5 miles from my house. I talked to plenty of vets but none said they would come out. Finally a vet, not knowing how experienced I was told me how to remove the placenta. His only words of concern was be very careful because you can kill her. Our mare is fine but we could have had the same outcome as you did. I am so very sorry you lost her.

Latest posts

Back