Mare Stare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a mini dream come true

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the barn alam buttons do if you click on them when watching Mare Stare?

Does it alert the cam owner?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are set so only the barn cam owner can set them off or a moderator from marestare. I have a lot of trouble getting mine to work.

If you go to the first page of marestare and click "barn alarm" it puts that in the corner of your browser. Turn your volume on and a high alert will make a horse whinny sound. A low alert makes a horse trotting sound. Once you hear it you click it and it will tell you what farm has the alert

I am not sure either, is the high for when they are foaling, or look like they are in labor?? or the low alert for just looking like they may foal? neverhave figured that alert system out
default_new_shocked.gif

Barn Alarms are not for owners per se. The only way you can hear them is if you have the Barn Alarm window open (which I usually don't). It alerts you to any and ALL alarms going off, which on some nights can be quite busy. Moderators and Cam Owners can activate any alarm at any time. I believe registered members can activate an alarm after 3 individuals click it. Its mainly so others can be aware that a mare is foaling and watch. The best thing to do to alert a cam owner is to call them off the phone numbers posted at the top of the cam page.

High alert is for water breaking or a visible foot/sac. Low alert is for mares acting foalish ie getting up and down, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back