mare question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhorngal

Reaction score
Do you all think that a young mare that is awful during her cycles will remain that way or do they sometimes improve as they get older? I have a 2 1/2 that is pretty feisty anyway but during her cycle can be a real little monster. She is so sweet the rest of the time. I have 3 other big horse mares and they can get a little bad, spooky.. a little freaky but not like this little filly. Just wondering if things might improve!

Cara

I would say she is what she is........... I haven't noticed that my mare's personalities changed that much....

I think what you see is what you get. My girls are all little witches anyway and I made them that way. I guess I am gonna have to put my foot down and get them to knock it off. They weren't that spoiled when I got them. ;-)

I found that the spoiled mares will always be witchy during heat. Most of mine will at least behave during that time though some will let me know they are not happy about it. I do have one that needs to be watched close. She is sneaky about her attacks (has kicked at several of us) but usually doesn't repeat the same person unless she was allowed to get by without reprimand.

Had to think this over.......

Haven't noticed any change with our mares when in heat or not. They either witches or not.
default_rolleyes.gif

My observation has been more regarding pregnancy. My loving mares turn into witches. My witchy mares ask for love and scritches (especially in the last tri-mester).....

Latest posts

Back