mare in foal question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any pictures we can see? Kind of hard to believe she would still be carrying from a June breeding...I would guess she is probably due in August.

August is more likely, but anything is possible with mares LOL. She is about 10 days past a full year from the June breeding and you say she went 365 days previously......I sure wouldn't rule it out.
default_smile.png
Has she bagged enough to express any milk and test it?

Jan

Are you saying August 1st the stallion was with this mare?

At this point it does not really matter. You will know when the foal comes out if it is mature or not. Just watch the mare. I would certainly have her in a stall at night if she is bagged up and a halter alarm on her.

It is so much easier if ultrasounds are done on the mares during breeding season if possible so that you KNOW your mare is in foal and how far along.

Are you saying August 1st the stallion was with this mare?

At this point it does not really matter. You will know when the foal comes out if it is mature or not. Just watch the mare. I would certainly have her in a stall at night if she is bagged up and a halter alarm on her.

It is so much easier if ultrasounds are done on the mares during breeding season if possible so that you KNOW your mare is in foal and how far along.

I ran the stallion with all his mares the month of august...gives him time to be just a horse ..I am a stay at home gramma and can observe them all...besides the initial greetings the month passed with no activity and all were quite content. I know she is in foal and since she showed no heat after June I assumed she was in foal from that breeding......but.....I could be wrong as you can't watch them every minute.......yes..she comes up at night and is under camera since the beginning of May..I will go out and take some pictures..thank you all for your input
default_yes.gif
I have had my mares ultra sounded (is that a word?) and if she was due June/July wouldn't it show about the same..especially if she was prone to carry longer? I don't know.....let me go snap some pics...

She's either fat or pregnant, just like my dang mare! I'm calling mine, "fatnant"! Seriously, I think you would need a good Vet to tell you, unless you wait it out. Is her bag changing at all? These mares can make us nuts for sure!! I do hope you have a wonderful baby in there!!!

Latest posts

Back