Mare foaling monitor

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Reaction score
Which do you prefer Breeders Alert or Equipage? I have never used either and was just wanting feed back from those that have used either of these units also wanted to know if it interfered with a wireless barn camera? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
default_yes.gif

We use Equipage. So far doesn't interfer with the wireless camera at all.

Just put our mare under camera last night and both worked fine together.

Don't know about Breeders Alert, have not used it.

Equipage here.
default_yes.gif
Before I bought mine, I asked here on the forum for opinions and decided that Equipage would be the one for me. I bought an extra beeper and two more pouches a year or two ago.

I wouldn't be without it!!

I have only used BreederAlert and have been using it very successfully for several years. I LOVE it! No complaints at all. I understand the other is very similar, but the piece attached to the halter is smaller, so that I might like more, even though I have never seen or used on personally.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and I do want to use it with a wireless barn cam so I am going to get the equipage I also liked the pricing which included all you need to be functional.
default_smile.png

We have the Breeder Alert syster here and the monitors in our bedroom. Have had the system for years and I'm sure it has saved many a foal. I have also used it for colic situations.

Joyce

I have both a Breeder Alert system as well as an Equipage. I've used the Breeder Alert for many years and just bought the Equipage (used) a couple of years ago. So I've been able to actually compare the two. They are both basically the same thing, with the biggest difference being where the transmitter the mare wears is located on the halter. I'd have to say the Equipage has the better design there. So, if I were buying new, I would probably go with the Equipage system.

Good luck and I think you'll be glad you got one!
default_smile.png

Hi, I use the Equifone (Equipage's product that dials up to 4 numbers instead of paging). Love it so far; I am at work during the day, so the monitor calls me, and if I don't already have the network barn camera (wireless and no problems with any interference) up on my screen, I can pull it up and see if things are happening in the barn at home.

I got a used equipage this year, all I can say is thank God. I knew my mare was going to go soon, she had been under the cameras awhile. I hooked her up with the equipage, she foaled that night. The beeper went off, looked up at the camera, got there in time to pull the sac off the baby's nose. The placenta detatched a little too soon, she was a little oxygen deprived as well as not getting all the blood she should have, so she was a bit of a dummy foal for the first few hours.

Regardless of the system you choose, I would not be without one. Along with a camera system, they are worth their weight in gold.

Carolyn

Latest posts

Back