Marbles update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royal Crescent

Reaction score
I am going to try one more time to ask for help for Marbles, the brindle/possible chimera filly. Please help! Peggy (Albahurst) tried setting up a fund, but had the topic pulled as it seemed to be going the wrong direction.
default_no.gif

Marbles had colic and ended up having surgery about 3 weeks ago at the age of 2 months. This cost several thousand dollars. Sue, recognizing that this was a very special filly, opted to let her have the surgery even though she really could not afford it. She is a real-estate agent and we all know what the market has been like. She has no income at present.
default_unsure.png
She has horses for sell, but that market is slow as well for us.

Since then, Marbles has spent more time at the vet because of a fever and a wound infection. This has , so far, cost another $1000.

Sue told me today that she is afraid after all this, she is going to lose this special foal, as she is losing weight, is perhaps not nursing/eating enough and when she tried grain as the vet suggested, she developed water diarrhea again. She does not have energy, and after going outside, she has lo-grade fevers and just wants to sleep. Sue has no more resources to continue treatment at the vet clinic.
default_no.gif

The pictures of Marbles do not even come close to doing her justice. I have never seen anything like it. She is beautiful and reminds me of a tiger cub. The stripes are skin deep and all over her, even her ears! Her DNA tests to see if she is chimera have been collected and sent. I can't wait to see what Sue finds out!

Please help save this incredible foal! Please do not let our chance to preserve this rare and beautiful baby slip away! PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! I remember everyone pulling together to save a horse before (Dreamer), and I know there are a lot of people here with big hearts. Even $20, $30 or $50 sent by many adds up and would be awesome. Even $10.
default_yes.gif

I can set up an account for donations. Anything over the vet bills will be donated to the horse rescue. Please email me here, or [email protected]

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Thanks ahead for your generous support!

Barb

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry to hear that Marbles is not doing well--I wish her and Sue the best, and hope that she will turn around and have a speedy recovery.

I have to say that I for one do not make donations toward colic surgery. There are so many that need this life saving surgery, and when it comes down to it no one horse is any more special than any of the others, it's just a matter of what the owner can afford or is willing to pay. Sometimes we have to make tough choices.

Best of luck with this filly.

Latest posts

Back