Mane Problems....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shalakominiatureshowhorses

Reaction score
Jazzy has the weirdest mane EVER! It never seems to grow out like Bentley and Devils are (Bentley is 8 and his has grown a couple of inches since last year and Dev's is to the top of his shoulder as a 2 year old)

Before a show last year, his mane was thinned by shaving some mane off of the bottom of the base of the mane (did that make sense? LOL) and those layers have just grown only 4-5 inches and they poke out...but thats only the beginning, his mane has turned colors from the sun-from an almost Flaxen mane and tail to now a dark mane and tail at the base with blonde "highlights" at the tips.

Im going to learn how to die his mane and tail "highlights" darker with the help of my local miniature horse club.

I (think) i have tried everything in the book to grow a longer mane, if i could post pics off of my phone i would, its not the smartest smart phone out there LOL.

Is there anything that can help promote mane and tail growth in a horse?

Personally I have always found "mane and tail" products to work amazingly for growing hair (but i've only done this with big horses, belgians with docked tails in particular.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back