Make them stop!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
My 3 weaned foals ages 5- 6 months poop in the stock tank they share with another pen!!!!
sad.gif
After cleaning it out 3 times in one week, I moved it over to the next pen and gave the weanlings 2 buckets attached high on the fence.

Today, somebody had backed up to the fence where the stock tank is and pooped in it through the fence!!!!! I cleaned it again and moved it further away. I'm not enjoying this!!!
no.gif

How can I get them to stop using that corner as their toilet area as I really need the tank back between the two pens?????
wacko.gif

The little stinkers! (sorry Becky!)

I've had one or two poop in a feed bucket but not go in the water on purpose so many times. I wonder why they do that? Is it the splash? Can you move the babies away from the tank in another pen? Hot wire?

More added work for you.

Robin,

They seemed to have decided that corner is where they are going to go and it doesn't matter what else is there! Never had this problem before they were weaned!!
sad.gif

Merry Beth poops in her water bucket several times a week. Lucky lucky me.

I have moved her water bucket to the other corners but she still poops in it no matter where I moved it to.

I hung it up higher, lower and set it on the ground. Still, I have floating craters bobbing up and down in it. Lucious. Feel my joy.

Finally I put up a sign in her stall to remind her not to poop in her water.

Here's your sign:

[SIZE=14pt]NO POOPING ALLOWED[/SIZE]

IN WATER TROFF

That should do it.

Thanks, Marty! I'll hang that on the fence. I'm sure it will work!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Actaully, Marsha, you might have the best idea. I may try to separate them for a few days and see if that will stop it.

What about putting some poop in another corner? See if that will lure them to go there!
new_shocked.gif

Viki

Watering containers(buckets,tanks etc) are usually ideal rubbing things, and that is why they are positioned to poop into the water. Place a log or immovable rail in front so they can still reach the water but cannot back too close to the buckets.

Latest posts

Back