Major Life Changes at Dusty Lane

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean_B

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, today I sold the last of the horses at Dusty Lane. Old Vegas is still here and will be here as long as he can be kept comfortable. He's 29 years old and in great flesh, but lots of arthritis in his knees. This will be the first time since the 1980s (was raising quarter horses before I got into minis) that I haven't had any mares/babies. There are still 4 here that will be going to their new home in Texas soon, so I guess I'm slowly being "weaned". But when they leave I know it will be VERY difficult, and I'll probably have to get a goat to keep Vegas company.

But I'll still be hanging out with friends at the shows and conventions, working on the AMHR Sweepstakes, etc. Heck...the world's GREATEST people are in the miniature horse industry!!!

So....I'll be seeing a lot of you at Tulsa!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Jean that IS quite the change! You'll have a lot more time for family now I bet, which will be very nice and you'll always have many, many friends in the mini world!
default_biggrin.png

WOW! It is hard to imagine Dusty Lane without Minis Jean! You sure bred some beautiful horses over the years and I am proud to be able to say we have a couple of them. I hope you and Vegas enjoy a LONG and wonderful retirement together.
default_smile.png
One of those "greatest Mini people" is YOU. Looking forward to seeing you again at Nationals!

At least you still have your grand ole very very handsome little man. And you will always have everyone on this fourm to share foals with you every year.
yes.gif
wub.gif

Tana sends happy retirement wishes to her grandpa Vegas. Enjoy your freedom.

You know what? You'd make an AWESOME steward at shows!
default_wink.png

Wow Jeanne! I owned Dusty Lane's GMB Imagination, a beautiful little colt, who is now showing on a National level in driving and making some folks very happy! Thanks for breeding some beautiful miniatures!

And that idea of you stewarding, or even judging, not a bad on!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Best wishes to you, Jean, as you start this new chapter.

Our Dusty Lane girls are always a good reminder of a great horse buying experience, from one of the "greatest mini people", for me as well.

Wow Jean, I am sure that it will be a major adjustment for you! In the past 5 years that I have been involved with the minis I have met some incredible people, you included. It is hard to see a lot of them getting out of minis, for various reasons but I totally understand. We get older, family changes and our priorities change. I always enjoyed when you announced at the shows. I don't think anyone else did as good as job. I will never forget how you always got sharmondoe and my name correct or the time you slowed traffic down on the freeway to let me on from the exit. I am glad to hear we will see you at nationals and if you come back to WI maybe we will see you more often.

Good luck and best wishes.

Jean, I really hate that you will no longer be involved in the breeding part of the miniature industry, but we are very lucky you will continue to be involved in other aspects. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Jean this must be very difficult for you!! I can't imagine but know I will probably have to go through the same thing some day. Glad you are staying involved- that will help some.

You know what? You'd make an AWESOME steward at shows!
default_wink.png
Not sure I would like to be a steward - but I have always enjoyed announcing at shows....and the best part is, I still get to hang out with miniature horse owners, the judges....and I don't have to clean any horse stalls!! Anyone need an announcer??

Back