MAJOR life/body/riding rant

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cara

Reaction score
URGG k i was overweight,i started riding and i was losing weight like theres no tommrow i was happy, then money ran out
default_sad.png
i cant do anymore lessons till i get money, i am looking for a job its rly hard becuase i live in the middle of nowere and my parents wont drive me to work so i have to walk and thats like a hour or so its hard, my parents will drive my older sister to work sure but not me! i asked they said no my sister asks and they said yes, like :arg! and by some freak chance of nature i got a awesome bf, but i dont have money to keep riding to tone myself up, the runing 3k every friday and doing crunchs and chin ups ,its not working, urg!!!!! and its even harder to get a job becuase my parents wont get me a bank account , im not of age to do it myself so i have to wait till they FEEL like it!ahhhh i hate money, and sometimes life!! oh and my grandpa died last friday and my family is taking it really hard:'( I LOVE MY HORSE lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry for your loss.

When my daughter was 16 she got her first job. It was not easy for her either as we lived in the middle of nowhere. She had school and worked until eleven pm each night that she worked and had another half hour drive home each night and she worked mostly on the weekends...a couple days during the week. She did fine and kept her grades up. She did have her own car at this point. This job was her choice when she was old enough to take on all of the responsibilty. I was not all for this as you only get to be a kid with no responsibilities once in your life; it was what she convinced us that she wanted to do.

I know it is hard to want to do something and not be able, but enjoy being young with no real worries. Enjoy your family and the things you are able to do. Find some interests in things to do at home especially the exercise, and when you are older, work and responsibilty will come along. Don't rush growing up.

[SIZE=12pt]I know it may seem as if it's the riding helping you tone up, but if you're riding an hour or two a week, the running and cardio work you're doing is much more effective than the riding. Do you have anyone in walking distance that might let you exchange a few hours on a horse for a few hours of farm labor?[/SIZE]

I know you want to get a job, but here's the deal, if it's an HOUR each way, that's 4 hours to take each of you back & forth to work...FOUR HOURS EACH, plus fuel at $3.50 PLUS a gallon and rising DAILY. I can't even afford to go to the store TWICE a week, instead of just once. I know it may seem as if they WON'T help you, but honey, maybe they just can't right now. That's a LOT of fuel & wear on the car and up to 8 hours a DAY of driving time. If I was your parent, I wouldn't be able to even consider it
default_unsure.png

By the time I was 16 I was able to buy a car and a horse (from my savings). I paid for my own fuel & insurance. I was part of a work program at school and I worked 30 plus hours a week my junior year and 40 plus hours a week my senior year. I worked my butt off and was able to support my car and my horse.

Maybe you can get inquire about a job where your sister works and request the same hours? That would solve the more driving issue if they are already taking her back & forth to work.

Latest posts

Back