Major Growth spurts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilhorseladie

Reaction score
When Trip was born he was 21 1/2 inches tall which put him at about the 33 inch maturity mark.

I measured him today at 6 weeks he is now 27 inches tall! That puts him at 36 inches...

I sold his yearling brother this spring at 261/2 inches...full brothers! Is the milk just that good this year or what???

i NEVER go by there height at a age to guess mature height i have never found it to be anywhere near correct. Measure his cannon bone to see what he should be

I sold full sisters to a friend- one has matured at just under 30 " (at the withers) The other is 33 1/4" at the withers!!! For a while the little one really looked as if she would stop at 28" then she started creeping on a bit, thank goodness- now she's stopped completely!!

[SIZE=14pt]I feed my mares and babies really well. I have had babies grow an inch a week in the first month and a half! even little Jubilee whose momma is 30.5 started out at 18 inches according to Robert and is 27.5 now at 4 months. I would rather see a big spurt in babies and less growth from 2 on. Measuring her cannon bone she will mature out around 32"[/SIZE]

Lyn

biggrin.gif

Our gelding was 28 inches as a yearling, he grew 4 inches in 3 months after I

brought him home. He is now 8 years old and measures in at 33&3/4. You never

know sometimes. Linda B
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back