Maine Miniature Horse Club's second show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birchcrestminis

Reaction score
Another long day of showing. Good thing the show was held in a covered arena

as we had on and off downpours. Lots of forum members were there

with their beautiful and talented horses: Coopersminis, Fred, Royalview,

Normajeanbaker,Sundancer, Fancy, Bozley.....

We(Birchcrestminis) brought just two minis. My gelding Woody(Crystal

Ridge Carousel Royale) showed his heart out...

1st geldings in hand 3 yrs and over

Grand Champion Gelding

Reserve Supreme Champion!

1st adult showmanship

!st multi color

2nd adult jumping

2nd hunter

1st adult trail obstacle.

Our 3 yr old filly Abby(Royalview Afterglow) placed in mare in hand 3 and over

and solid color, both large classes.

Didn't get very good pictures, but here are a couple of my gelding.

100_1055.jpg

100_1061.jpg

Hope some other forum members will post some pictures of their awesome

horses and placings. Lots of beautiful minis, well run show(great job Gaylene

and others!!) and judge Lorraine Mavrogeorge was very knowlegdable.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Hi Cathy,

Your wins were so well deserved! I love your gelding!

We had a great day too. Very relaxing and low key just hanging out with mini people despite the torrential down pours. Thank goodness for the indoor ring! As for our horses:

Belle (Owsley Fork Sundancer) won 1st in Novice Driving, 1st in Youth Driving, 2nd in Youth Obstacle & 4th in Multicolor.

Cami (DSB Calamity Jane) won 1st in Hunter & 5th in Youth Obstacle.

Rhett (Owsley Fork Rogues Ricochet) got 1st in Yearling Geldings & 3rd in MultiColor

We really enjoyed the show and look forward to the next MMHC show in August.

Sue

Last edited by a moderator:
Cathy,

Congrats on Woody! He really is having a great year showing!

That downpour was just a little dust control!

The PA system left a lot to be desired today. The sound guy didn't get the right outside speaker working to start with and then all the moisture did something with the corded mic as it kept cutting out. The wireless didnt work at all for part of the morning. By afternoon we did get sound a little better.

We did have a good turnout for the show even though there were a few that didn't make it today.

It looked like there were Blue ribbons heading in all directions during the show. Our judge Lorraine Mavrogeorge did a very nice job working with exhibitors all day. She even had a few pointer for "Fred" on how to show her weanling colt. LOL! Linda you must have been doing something wrong as your colt stood and led like a gentleman, while the others bounced all over the ring! LOL

We did have a pretty good day. We had Champion Stallion with our 2 yr old Scout. Weanling filly Bella was 1st in her class. Weanling colt Prince was 2nd I think. Can't remember much right know must be tired!

Michelle Shea was the photographer again today and she should have pics up in a day or so.

Thanks to all our exhibitors for making this another great show on a less than perfect day!

Many thanks to the volunteer crew that did the gate, worked the ring, helped in the office, ran the food booth, announced, and helped set up and take down for the day!

Mark

I have to say it was awesome to have Linda, Paul, Courtney, and Matt Best at the show for the day. We also got to meet Lindas granddaughter! What a cutie she is and already picking on Uncle Matt! As usuall they did awesome showing all day.

Mark

We had a great show as well. We lucked out and didn't even have any classes during the downpours.

Lt Dans Magnificent Toy went Supreme Champion. She was also 1st in Mares and Champion Mare. She also won Solid Color. We were thrilled with her halter wins and she got her first Supreme
default_smile.png

Aloha Acres Adarlynn was 2nd in Mares and Reserve Champion mare. She was 5th in Obstacle and 4th in Jumping. She was also 5th in Youth Obstacle.

VPS Simply Irresistible made his driving debut. He was a gentleman in harness and was 2nd in Roadster. We also jumped him for the first time and he was 5th. He had never done a complete jump course before. We were thrilled with how well behaved he was in harness and how he went in and acted like he had been doing it for years. He was born here and it was cool to finally be able to show him in harness as a 3 year old since we raised him and did all the work with him.

Norma Jean Baker was 4th in Mares halter and 4th in Obstacle. This is her last year showing and I think she knows it, as shes making sure to behave herself this year in obstacle
default_rolleyes.gif
She'll probably be in some Youth classes next show.

VPS Just A Tad Bad was shown by our Youth in Solid Color and was 5th in a big class. She had never handled the horse before and was thrilled with her 5th.

Who's Your Daddy had an awesome day as well. 1st in Adult jumping. 3rd in Adult Obstacle. 1st in Youth Jumping and 1st in Youth Obstacle. He'll be adding a driving class to his schedule next time.

Congrats to everyone and see you all in August
default_biggrin.png

~Jen~

Good job everyone. I am sorry to have missed it. I was not feeling well and the prospect of showing in gross weather all day when I was already feeling gross was too much, so I fed the horses and went back to bed! I am hoping to be at the one in August. Do thwey have a judge for that one yet?

Matt,

We do have a judge for the August show She is Jenn Hartwell. Jen Judged our August show last year and did an awsome job for us.

Our August show is really a fun show. The babies really start coming out then. Hopefully this rainy weather will have ended by then.

There is a rumer that one of our exhibitors might be able to bring some lobsters to the August show!

Will let everyone know more info as we get closer!

Hope your feeling better!

Mark

Latest posts

Back