Maine Miniature Horse Club's first show of the year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birchcrestminis

Reaction score
Just back from the Maine Miniature Horse Club's first show of

the year. Judge Emily Conder, owner of Nirvana Training Center,

Florida.

Turn out was excellent with all classes full, some with as many as 14

exhibitors or more on the classes. Quite a few forum members were there

with their horses: Coopersminis, Yankee Minis, Boinky, Jen McGarvey(forum name?).

Backwoodsnanny and Scoobie Doo were there as cheering crew and horse holders.

We(Birchcrest Minis) brought three horses and had a fantastic day!

Our yearling filly, Fiesta,won her yearling mare class, went Champion Mare,

and then Supreme Champion Halter Horse. My first Supreme!! She has THE prettiest

head and looks better in person than in the quick pictures we took. She also placed third

in a huge multi-color class.

Mark did great with our three year old filly Abby, his baby. They won the very

competitive(and challenging) trail obstacle class! Also placed well in mare and solid color.

My gelding Woody never lets me down, and today was no exception.

Reserve Champion Gelding Halter

1st Place in the very large adult showmanship class

4th Place multi-color

1st Place adult jumping

1st Place Hunter(our 1st time trying this class)

2nd Place trail obstacle

2nd Place Liberty Class

All classes had large numbers of exhibitors, so we are pretty proud of how are horses did.

Maybe the other forum members will ad on their placings - everybody's horses looked great!

Here are some pictures, thanks for letting me share.

100_1015.jpg
100_1016.jpg
1019.jpg
1021.jpg
100_1019.jpg
100_1021.jpg
100_1025.jpg
100_1032.jpg
100_1043.jpg

Trying this again. All the pictures were there when I reviewed

the post, but gone when I posted it!??

100_1016.jpg
100_1019.jpg
100_1021.jpg
100_1025.jpg
100_1032.jpg
100_1043.jpg

And the third try...

100_1019.jpg

100_1021.jpg

100_1025.jpg

100_1032.jpg

100_1043.jpg

Good job Kathy and congratulations. We hope to be at the show next week, it depends on how things are going around here. Courtney want's me to show Max for her but we will see how that goes. Linda

Thanks Linda. Missed you today. So hope you can

make it next weekend, always a real treat to see

your beautiful horses. I get goose bumps watching

your pinto mare in libery.

Kathy and Mark

Great job as always!!!!!! Everyone was turned out nicely and Woody is such a wonderful little horse even though you didnt post a pic of him. Folks these two have horses who will do anything for them and it is always a pleasure to watch either of them in the ring. Believe me cheering for them was easy. Also want to say special congrats to Bit O Blue on her maiden voyage driving she did a great job. We chose to not take horses this time so we could enjoy and help others sometimes it is much more relaxing if you leave the horses home even if some didnt understand that. Mark I still think you should smile.lol

Thanks Nita, Mark says he will work on that smile -

gets a little serious when hes in the ring. I did post

three pictures of my gelding Woody(in one he is sticking

his tongue out - not sure what he was commenting on!).

I had some trouble posting pictures, are they not showing up?

Congratulations on your wins! All of your photos (on all attempts) are showing up fine for me--the first couple sets are just running in a horizontal row so that you have to scroll over to see them. A very pretty group!

Yay I finally could see them I just love that boy. He loves you sooooo much and it shows. He works his heart out for you great run in Liberty too by the way even with very messed up music. I cant wait to see you run when the music works right the gait was perfect for the music. Good Job.

Cathy,

Congrats on a good day! Thanks for taking in those horses for us during the day. We really appreciate it and know you were busy showing your own all day.

The crew at Whispering Pines did a super job with the show! Judge Emily Condor did a fantastic job and certainly gave every horse in the ring a good look before placing the classes.

It was great to see everyone again and looking forward to seeing them next Sunday!

I'll get more info and pics later today!

Mark

Mark,

I think you should send that grey stallion you have up here to get him driving. He'd make one sharp driving machine! He's just built so nicely for it!

Hillary

Cathy,

Congratulations on your wins! I love the pictures. I am so glad you had such a great day. It was well deserved.

See you next weekend!

Sue

Mark,

there was another lady there that was also doing photo's. she came up to us when we first got there and introduced herself. I think tracy has her contact info.

Hillary

The show was lots of fun. It was good to meet some new people! Love the new filly Kathy. I finally got some pictures of my guys from a friend.

Fuzzy spring picture of my 2 yr old filly.

MiniHorseSearch2008001.jpg

It was her first time off my farm since I bought her. First time for a show clipping and bathing too. She had to go in one class, which she won. Stressfull!

MiniHorseSearch2008067.jpg

And the before picture of my "yearling" filly. She was born last November and had nothing but problems with severely ulcered/swollen eyes, very bad legs (knees leaned on each other to hold her up) etc. Rushed her to the vet a couple times since I thought she was dying on me.

MiniHorseSearch2008021.jpg

She's come a LONG ways!
default_biggrin.png
She was 2nd behind Kathy's beautiful filly in the yearling class and was 5th in liberty against all adult horses. I was super proud of her all day. It was her first ride on a real trailer..every other time she went anywhere it was laying on my lap in a car. Of course, with all her issues she's a little spoiled. OK a LOT spoiled! I went to bring her in the multi colour class....she was napping and would NOT get up off the ground. Wish I had me trying to get her up on video!

MiniHorseSearch2008111.jpg

MiniHorseSearch2008099.jpg

My 3 yr old stud. He went because he's been so rotten at the last two R shows we've done so we worked on keeping his feet in place, which he knows how to do..just seemed to have forgotten! He won 3 + over stallions, grand champion stallion and reserve supreme and then got a 2nd in a huge solid colour class. And he stood much better!

MiniHorseSearch2008076.jpg

MiniHorseSearch2008066.jpg

And my driving horse. He's only been driving for 3 weeks, one of which he didn't work at all. It was his 2nd show (did Area II) and he was a bit more full of life without the 15 hr trailer ride! Can't wait until he gets some miles on him! You can see his kicking strap, which I had a guy at work make (I work at a belt manufacturing place) before the last show. He did a great job on it.

MiniHorseSearch2008097.jpg

And the end of a 'rough' day for the pasture girls. I decided last minute more or less to pull them from hanging out all day munching, clip them and show them. You'd have thought they actually had to WORK! The silver pinto mare was 2nd in a good sized 3 + mare halter class.

MiniHorseSearch2008095.jpg

Jen,

I love your filly and your stud and your driving horse. What great pictures!

I am assuming you are coming this weekend. Who are you bringing?

Sue

Wow Jen, your friend takes great pictures!

You have an incredible knack for getting the most out

of your halter horses in the ring, your beautiful palamino

filly showed like a veteran. And Swirl's filly is so pretty,

never know she ever had a thing wrong with her.

Your stallions are so well mannered, absolutely love that

blue roan color, and Sugar Daddy looks fantastic in harness!

What a magnificent facility to have a show at, really appreciated

the indoor arena out of the beating sun, thanks Kim!

Lots of beautiful new horses to see, and always great to see so many

new people.
default_yes.gif

Sue, actually I'm not planning on showing Sunday. I had considered bringing the horses I had for sale, but I don't think I want to get up that early. :) I do have to bring back the mare and yearling I've been boarding for a while so Hillary and I might stop by depending on what time we're in the area. Hope everyone has a great time though!

Latest posts

Back