Maine Miniature Horse Club August 3rd Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maestoso

Reaction score
MMHC did a great job with this show. This was my first time showing there and I couldn't have bee happier, even with the rain
default_smile.png
...... OK so maybe a little happier if there wasn't any rain but it was a great day. I met some great people and then met some others who I only knew by forum name.

Magic, the pinto gelding went Supreme and Pogo and Secret both won their halter classes. I won showmanship too! It was a good day. Pogo got Reserve stallion even though he was being a butthead, probably his worse show behavior so far, but he's been sop good until now, I can't complain.

Nice meeting everyone, and I hope to see you all again soon!

I had a really great time at the show today!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
It was sooooo wonderful finally meeting everyone and putting names to faces
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif
Thank you all for giving me such warm & friendly greetings and letting me help where needed! I'm looking forward to the NbarH show in 2 weeks...see you all there! Shelly
default_saludando.gif

p.s. does everyone clip there horses before a show or do some go "el-natural"?
default_wink.png

Hey Matt,

It was nice to meet you and see your beautiful, well trained horses.

Very nice to meet you Shelly, really liked the pictures of your horses

you showed me, especially your stallion. And thanks SO MUCH for

helping to hold horses for us, we really appreciate it!

Mark and Gaylene and the rest of the MMHC show crew - as usual

an enjoyable , well run show!

We had a fun time despite the rain and being tired from showing

yesterday too.

My yearling filly, Conders Debonairs Party Girl(Fiesta) won her

yearling class and got Reserve Champion mare.

My gelding Crystal Ridge Carousel Royale(Woody) went Reserve Champion

Gelding, 1st in jumping and adult trail. Got 2nd in showmanship, first time

ever in an all male showmanship class with one female - me! That was different.

Mark wanted me to mention that he got 2nd in a large multi color class with Fiesta,

and 3rd in adult trail with Royalview Afterglow(Abby). Woody was 3rd in multi color and 2nd in Hunter.

What a great show! Congrats everyone!

Cathy and Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Shelly,

Most horses at N Bar H are clipped, but it is not required. If you are looking to get your horse clipped and want help, email me. [email protected] I would be willing to clip him with my clippers for a fee, if you have your own clippers I would gladly help you out if you need it.

Matt

Very nice to meet you Shelly, really liked the pictures of your horsesyou showed me, especially your stallion. And thanks SO MUCH for

helping to hold horses for us, we really appreciate it
Thank you, it was my pleasure...very nice meeting you both!
default_saludando.gif

Shelly,
Most horses at N Bar H are clipped, but it is not required. If you are looking to get your horse clipped and want help, email me. [email protected] I would be willing to clip him with my clippers for a fee, if you have your own clippers I would gladly help you out if you need it.

Matt
Thanks Matt, I do have my own clippers..I just don't know how he is with being clipped! I clipped my mare Mocha and she was pretty good, so it gave me some practice, I guess I will just have to try! Also, my friend Joyce (luvs2ridesaddleseat)is a dog groomer and she helped me with Mocha...she will probably help if I ask her!

I didnt stay long but had a great time anyway, So nice to finally meet Matt after seeing him post so often here! and Shelly nice to meet you too! I love all the new people that we meet from the mini club, Congrates to everyone, turn out was great and boy have we come a long way from 6 years ago! Kath

I didnt stay long but had a great time anyway, So nice to finally meet Matt after seeing him post so often here! and Shelly nice to meet you too! I love all the new people that we meet from the mini club, Congrates to everyone, turn out was great and boy have we come a long way from 6 years ago! Kath
Kathy,

It was great to meet you and am looking forward to visiting your farm soon
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

What a great day. I was so glad that we came up to help the Best family. Lizzie had so much fun and is ready to bring her guys up there to show!!!!

It was an absolutely awesome day. Thank you Diana, Karen, Sue, Makayla, and everyone who helped and made this such a great day, and for the "very special" gift from Karen. It was nice to meet Matt and get to talk to him. Bonnies new guy [Jack] got second in the two and over stallion class and he was such a good boy. The rest of our guys did really well but seeing everyone and being there was so much fun. I will post more tomorrow but thank you all for such a great day! Love to all, Linda

Just got on the computer here tonight. It was a nice show today. I know we lost a few due to the rain. After we got started a little late it really was a decent day for a show. The turnout we had was great. We had some good size classes. I think there were 11 in the 3 and over mare class!

It was good to have Matt finally at one of our shows! Your horses looked great and your champions well deserved!

Congrats Cathy with Fiesta! She is looking better every time out.

Also very good to meet Shelly, Diana, and Karen today. We will be looking for all of you in the future with horses!

Linda, You brought a trailer load for sure! Really nice to see the whole family there! We didn't get a chance to talk but only once did I see you without a crowd nearby! That time you and Paul were setting quietly in the bleachers for a minute. Max is quite the entertainer for sure! I'm thinking he will be a perfect gentleman for Courtney to show him. LOL. Makayla sure looked good driving Becky out there today! Looked like they have been driving together for years.

I do not have the totals but the club put on a raffle and did some fundraising for Ribbons for Linda along with donations we ened up about $325.00. That may not be the exact amount. On the raffle many people wrote in Lindas name on the tickets and she did end up winning a few prizes as well including the bags of shavings. Thanks to all who brought in donations and bought tickets!

Many thanks to Lynn and her brother for running the food booth and keeping the raffle and donations going smoothly!

Remember the next show in Sept is in the outdoor ring so no more thunder showers!

Mark

Had a great time at the show. It was nice to finally meet all of you. Mark, I'm adding your name to our 4-H beef judges list for next year. Hope you will be able to make it. Everyone was so nice and what great horses also.

We will plan on showing with all of you next year. Just will have to get an early start as it took us 3 hours to get there. I finally go home around 9:30, did the horses, cleaned out the car and then relaxed in the hot tub for a while.

Linda and family were great. I think that Courtney was over taken by all the help. Lizzie had a great time showing for in the jumping and obstacle classes with Linda's horses. Thanks Linda for letting her.

We will try and make the Sept show with horses hopefully.

Our horses had a great show(and of course we had a good time too!). A little more sun would have been nice, but I didn't get poured on, so I will not complain!

Who's Your Daddy was 5th in a large solid color class. He was first in Youth obstacle. 3rd in Youth jumping(I believe. I missed the pinnings with our Youth, as I was hooking a horse to drive). And I was 2nd in Adult Obstacle with him.

Norma Jean Baker was 4th in a large Mares halter class with our Youth who had never shown her before. She is retiring at the end of this show season, and this was her next to last show for the year, so I decided to drive her yesterday for the final time. She can be a bit nutty to hook, but decided to be a perfect angel yesterday. I was happy with our 2nd place and a FUN final drive together in Roadster. She was also 2nd with our Youth in Obstacle. I was 6th in Adult obstacle with her.

VPS Simple Irresistible drive for the 2nd time at a show and was 2nd in Country Pleasure. He was born here and we did all the work on him ourselves, so we were thrilled with him.

VPS Just A Tad Bad was 2nd in a large Mares halter class. Our Youth then took her in Solid and she was 4th. She has been a very bad girl all week, so she knew she had to pull that 2nd off in the halter class
default_wink.png

Lt Dans Magnificent Toy was 1st in Mares Halter. Champion Mare. And Reserve Champion Supreme Halter Horse. She was also 2nd in Solid Color.

We had a great day and are looking forward to the final MMHC show of the year next month. Congrats to everyone who was there yesterday and see you in September!

~Jen~

I had a great time at this show, though I have to admit when I pulled in with that downpour/thunderstorm I was certainly having second thoughts. Most of my horses were pretty well behaved. My 2 yr old mare who tried to climb up Tracy's horse trailer at her first show was perfectly behaved all day so that was a bonus. My yearling filly was 2nd, 2 yr old filly was 2nd, sr mare didn't place in the huge mare class - no surprise since it was all I could do just to keep her awake, my halter stallion was more interested in watching the ultimate frisbee going on and was doing some hopping around the ring instead of trotting but still managed to win his class and champion stallion and 3rd in solid colour, my driving stallion...well...yeah..he was being a special boy. We went hopping around the corner a couple times (glad I had that kicking strap!) and he wouldn't stop talking so he got 4/4 in driving and 4th in multi colour. My driving mare was SOOOO good for her (I think) 11th time ever being driven...no meltdowns, turned well in that small ring and didn't even take a second look at anything.

It was great to see everyone again. It was a little strange showing without my partner in crime, but I guess Ill have to get used to that. Thanks to Tracy for helping hold a couple horses and harnessing up. Thanks to Makayla for taking my mare in the championship class too. Glad she decided to behave for you! The judge was most patient about giving the driving horses time to warm up in the ring, which was aweome since a few of us were in back to back classes. Can't wait until I get to drive in the big ring!

Yesterday was great! I had an awesome time hanging out with Linda, her family, Diana, and Karen. We brought two of our minis, Rhett (my mom's), and Belle (mine). I showed Rhett twice and he was definitely testing me! He is a mama's boy and I can't compete with that! Like always, I am so proud of Belle for doing her best.

Linda, thank you so much for letting me drive Becky!!! I had an amazing time driving her! She is absolutely gorgeous! Also, thank you for always giving me great advice on how I can improve. You are so knowledeable and I greatly appreciate it.

MMHC thank you for raising so much money for Ribbons for Linda. There were some great raffles organized. Everyone in the club really stepped up to help!

Makayla

The mama's boy, Rhett!

DSCN1278-1-1.jpg

Belle!

DSCN1250-1.jpg

Becky!

DSCN1313-1.jpg

MaKayla you did an awesome job driving Becky. Your mom was so fortunate with Belle when the shaft broke. That mare is a keeper big time. Your mom did an incredible job of keeping her cool with a broken shaft, most people would have freaked out and set the horse off. She is an amazing woman. We will get her back in the ring driving again. Lizzie also did quite well with Ramona and Razz. Lizzie beat Courtney by just a second in the jumping class with Courtney's black mare Ramona. All the driving horses Razz, Shadow, Ramona and Becky won their driving classes and enjoyed themselves immensely. What wonderful people in the mini world. It was so good that Karen, Diana, Lizzie and Sabrina drove 3 hours to come help us out at the show. It was great. The maine show itself has some absolutely fantastic people to hang out with and show with. Sorry I didn't get to meet you Shelly but come on over next time so I can meet you! Linda

I know that Lizzie felt very lucky to be able to take Romano in the ring for jumping because she knows that is one of Courtney's babies. It was worth the 3 hour ride to see Linda and Family and all the people from the forum up there. What a nice location and wonderful people. Thank all for being so nice to Lizzie up there. And for those that saw the jump off that Lizzie had with Romano it was something to watch...Lizzie almost went down but managed to keep up with her. It was so nice to look over at one point and see Lizzie talking to Razz before obstacle...it is something that she does with her Millie so it was the sweetest thing to watch with another horse. I think she has a soft spot for Razz
default_wub.png

Kar

Okay Linda, now that you brought it up and I have gotten past initial crying privately out of complete embarrassment I will tell the untold story for those of you who will miss it on America's Funny Home Videos.

This was my first time driving Belle (or Miss Daisy as we call her). Belle is a very reliable, slower going driving horse which is just my speed. She is also Makayla's love of her life. Makayla and I both wanted to go in the class but our other driving horse, Cami, was laid up so we were down to one driving horse. Linda offered Becky (Rolling Ridge Ravishing Rebecca) for Makayla to drive. All week all I heard from Makayla was "I get to drive Becky on Sunday!!" She was so excited.

It just so happened we were the only 2 entries in Novice Driving Class. We went into the ring and all I could see was Makayla grinning from ear to ear doing laps around me with Becky. She looked gorgeous driving her. I was so proud that I couldn't keep my eyes off of them and was not even looking out where I was going (good thing Belle knew what she was doing). Then CRASH!!! I ran right into the side of the arena! The wheel got caught in the wire and the left shaft broke off. I fell onto my knees as I became tangled in the harness and cart both of which were dangling off the back side of Belle. Makayla was trotting past with Becky at that same moment and she yelled out "Whoa, Belle!" Belle stopped on a dime and stood quietly while everyone came running into the ring to rescue me in my tangled mess. She was awesome.

Belle then walked out of the ring like nothing happened while everyone applauded her. Of course that is when I just wanted to crawl out on my hands and knees, dig a hole and bury myself. I have to say it was the most embarrassing moment of my life!!!

To say the least Makayla won the class!

What some mom's will do make sure their kids bring home the blue and have I multiple bruises to prove it!!!

Sue (aka Crash)

Sue,

I happened to be watching that class. You shouldn't be embarrassed, on the contrary, you should be so proud of yourself and your horse on the way you both handled the situation. What an incredibly sane and intelligent horse Belle is and you did amazing staying calm and calming your horse.

Can't wait to see you and Belle driving at the next show - I see the makings of an excellent team there. And what a pleasure to watch Makayla drive, she is a natural and makes is look so easy.

Next time don't go to such and extreme to make sure your daughter wins the class! LOL

Cathy

Cathy,

Thank you so much for you kind words. I really appreciate it.

Sue

Latest posts

Back