Maine Miniature Horse Club August 3rd Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my first time driving Belle (or Miss Daisy as we call her). Belle is a very reliable, slower going driving horse which is just my speed. She is also Makayla's love of her life. Makayla and I both wanted to go in the class but our other driving horse, Cami, was laid up so we were down to one driving horse. Linda offered Becky (Rolling Ridge Ravishing Rebecca) for Makayla to drive. All week all I heard from Makayla was "I get to drive Becky on Sunday!!" She was so excited.
It just so happened we were the only 2 entries in Novice Driving Class. We went into the ring and all I could see was Makayla grinning from ear to ear doing laps around me with Becky. She looked gorgeous driving her. I was so proud that I couldn't keep my eyes off of them and was not even looking out where I was going (good thing Belle knew what she was doing). Then CRASH!!! I ran right into the side of the arena! The wheel got caught in the wire and the left shaft broke off. I fell onto my knees as I became tangled in the harness and cart both of which were dangling off the back side of Belle. Makayla was trotting past with Becky at that same moment and she yelled out "Whoa, Belle!" Belle stopped on a dime and stood quietly while everyone came running into the ring to rescue me in my tangled mess. She was awesome.

Belle then walked out of the ring like nothing happened while everyone applauded her. Of course that is when I just wanted to crawl out on my hands and knees, dig a hole and bury myself. I have to say it was the most embarrassing moment of my life!!!

To say the least Makayla won the class!

What some mom's will do make sure their kids bring home the blue and have I multiple bruises to prove it!!!

Sue (aka Crash)
Hey Crash, It's a good thing you had such a sensible and well trained driving horse. Your welcome
default_wink.png

~Jen~

Sue you did an amazing job. Trust me you kept your cool and there was NOTHING to be embarrassed about. I had the wheel fall off Freds cart in the middle of the road one time. Things like this happen to all of us. Belle is an amazing horse and you are an amazing person. Can't call you "crash" you drive too nicely. I personally think you drive with a lot of elegance. Just square the shoulders a teensy bit more and you are there. Love, Linda

Just wanted to add here that we ended up with 44 horses at the show!
default_new_shocked.gif
Not bad considering the weather forecast!.

There were several of the regulars that didn't show this time as well.

Also wanted to thank some of the show help volunteers. Peggy, Joyce, Judy, Carl, Bruce, Lynn and her brother.

Also want to thank all the exhibitors for your patience and cooperation for the day. In looking over the results looks like blue ribbons were spread around very well. There certainly was lots of chatting and catching up with old friends outside the ring all day.

Mark

Had a wonder time and will hope to see all of you at the Clumberland Fair.

Here is a picture of Linda and her family that I took that day. Wish I had gotten on of Linda in the weanling class with Max picking him up and straddling him in the class. He is a handful.

bestfamily.jpg

Diana,

What a nice photo of the whole family! Sorry Fred, I know he'd like to have been there as well!

Looks like the sun was showing thru as well!

Looking to see everyone at the fair show!

Mark

I think there might be a rule about posting pictures of horses

you don't own, does that apply to dogs? Mark took theses pictures

of Linda's(?) dog enjoying a ride in the cart. I thought they were so

cute, I wanted to share.

100_1192.jpg

100_1189.jpg

The pictures so far are great, can't wait for the performance ones.

Latest posts

Back