Maiden mares.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefall

Reaction score
When a maiden foals and her nipples are small and point towards the middle is there a way to get them stretched so they can be found easily by the foal? Had one like that and she had such a full bag her nipples were small. Tried milking her but that didn't seem to help much.
default_no.gif

Thanks

When a maiden foals and her nipples are small and point towards the middle is there a way to get them stretched so they can be found easily by the foal? Had one like that and she had such a full bag her nipples were small. Tried milking her but that didn't seem to help much.
default_no.gif
Thanks
My maiden mare that just foaled was the same way and in fact we have a broodmare that is one of our best producers and foals every year that has super small nipples. The foals can find them but sometimes need some help from you and sometimes they don't. Hope this helps!

default_no.gif
Thanks
My maiden mare that just foaled was the same way and in fact we have a broodmare that is one of our best producers and foals every year that has super small nipples. The foals can find them but sometimes need some help from you and sometimes they don't. Hope this helps!
This has been our experience too with my favorite mare - when her bag was full her nipples were small plus her bag sat higher up then most of our mares. It did take the foals a little longer to latch on, which can be frustrating to watch that's for sure, but they always did within an hour or two and thrived. I hope your foal if nursing now!

Latest posts

Back