Magic Marker 2015

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awe we! He is so cute! I am glad to hear Diane and Anna's good opinion. I do have a question. Are they kinda like humans and have a lot of cartridge at first? You know what I mean. Sometimes I have a hard time explaining. I was wondering about their hooves. Are they kinda soft when born? If they aren't that is really tough on mom.

I am glad to hear that about "the slippers". I was wondering about the poor mamas and those four little hooves!

The hooves themselves as well as bones/joints are all a bit soft during/before birth - allowing easier passage thru the birth canal.

I have mostly had foals that had the opposite "problem" - tendons too tight and standing up on tippy-toes. The tendons do relax and become normal in short order.

Your new baby is a beauty!!

Third mini up is approx 332 days and is not going to make us wait like her first foal (354 days). Her bag is huge, can easily get sticky fluid out of nipples (also turning from clear to cloudy-milky color). Should have a baby by morning. Also have a picture of Zazzy with Breeze. He was starting to play, then decided a nap was in order. Also a big improvement with Echo's legs (born last Wednesday). Still needs more time but he his improving everyday. He improved so much he was able to go out with the main herd. He has such a personality and is a talker. He still is not sure humans are okay yet, but he is trying.

CAM00602.jpg

CAM00603.jpg

CAM00604.jpg

CAM00608.jpg

CAM00599.jpg

CAM00601.jpg

Congrats on your handsome guy...His legs will be just fine he is back on them some because his slippers are not worn off yet

and if you took his toe off a little I bet with excercise he is probably close to perfect by now or in the next few days

They both look awesome. Your mares bag is so clean. I think when my girls fill up, you'll be able to see what was hidden in the creases. I don't know how they are so dirty, I clean them often enough.

Checking in for baby news and hope the filly fairy got there safely.
default_yes.gif

She has all systems ready, but she must be putting final touches on baby. Her bag is hard and huge. Can easily get a milky color sticky fluid frim nipples. Turned her out in bigger area but keeping a close eye on her. Kari had to go to town by herself because of how close she is.

Hopefully a day time baby. All mine were born during the day last year and it was wonderful. Here's to a safe foaling and waiting for news!

She's still holding on to it. Vulva swollen and enlongated. Bag is big, hard, and full. Fluid is a off white, so just waiting for her to decide. First baby from our jr stallion, so very interested in what he produces.

Came over first thing to check. Hoping you are busy with new baby.

Mares are driving us crazy this year! Everyone I know has gone over 330 days so far and same with my Rose who should pop soon. Hoping to hear news today.

I think watching the other mares deal with their hoodlum sons has reminded her of what she had to go through two years ago. She's decided the baby is better and easier to take care of in the womb. Especially after last night. First Feather wakes me up looking for Zazzy. He's too busy following Wind and her baby around. Finally everyone settles down. At two am, Zazzy wakes me up running around looking for his mom. I guess it was revenge for earlier because she was standing in her favorite spot (under the trailer). She never called out until I literally picked him up and deposited him in front of his mom. I think I slept a total of three hours. Here's hoping for baby soon, so I can relax for several weeks before the last one.

Half Arab had two bouts of restlessness, stretching, wanting to lay down, and loose stools. Than nothing. She is currently standing in a new area. She is a nervous mare so leaving her alone. Don't want to upset her too much. Not as concerned with difficult birth as minis. Design's bag is even bigger. She was very swollen and elongated. Turning deep red. V'd and fluid in nipples turning more milk coloring. Thinking two babies by morning, but don't quote me.

Latest posts

Back