Magic Marker 2015

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect pillow and lap warmer size Kim
default_smile.png

Lots of good places around Ava. I'm searching for a bigger place too and looking that way. My equine/dog vets are in Ava and they are the most awesome people in the world so it's a great place to look. Can't wait to see where you finally will be to see if you are close to me.

Anyway, congratulations again on such a fantastic colt.

We have another colt. Wind had a silver black or smoky silver black colt about 2 am. A ruff delivery. One foot was back behind the head and she was getting very tired. Got the little guy out. He looks like his sire, no white. Mom is still hurting. Gave her pain meds and keeping an eye on her. Will get pictures later. He has a lot of unfolding to do.

Congrats - sorry to hear about the rough delivery, but glad everything turned out well. Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Congrats!!! I love the "silvers" I have 4 of them! Lol

So glad it all ended well! Hope momma gets some good rest, can't wait for pics

I hate she had a hard time. Glad everything is okay! I can't wait to see pics! I just love the smoky gray and black ones! Congratulations again. Now ZAzzy has a playmate.

I'll gets pictures of him tomorroe. It is windy and stormy here today, so blankets are staying on. Mom is better, but her private area has a couple small rips. She wasn't as elongated as I would have thought, so a tight fit. She is a refine 31 1/2" and baby is refined also. His cannons are only 6 1/2", so not a very big baby.

Congratulations on your new baby. I'm sorry that your mare had a rough delivery but you are so awesome to have been there with her and helped her through it. How exciting and can't wait to see photos. I hope you can get some rest.

Alright, here is pictures of our new colt. He looke like his sire and half sister as babies. No white, even though his dam has four white socks, white on her face that ends on her chin, and a bellt splash. We are concerned with his legs. We waited 24 hours to see any improvement. He has some but not as much as we would expect. He is very weak in the fetlocks. The back has improved. The fronts are most concerning. He has a tendency to lay back on them and they also roll out (like being bowlegged). We need to know if we need to splint. He is in a stall at night, but turned out in a nice size paddock during the day. He is only a little over 24 hours old. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Name not decided. yet. MMM Rohans Desert Echo is at the top of the list. Pictures show his legs.

CAM00588.jpg

CAM00589.jpg

CAM00590.jpg

CAM00592.jpg

CAM00592.jpg

Not an expert by any means and can't really give you advice but do you think that could be caused by his difficult birth? He's a sweet boy and such a pretty color and markings.

I cant help either , but ill be watching closely to see what some of the more experienced think re his legs. What a lovely little guy
default_smile.png

I'm no expert. But if it is from his difficult birth, then a vet could be of some use. But if he's been consistently unfurling then, it is possible they may correct themselves. With lots of muscle work. Someone more experienced will be able to give you more info. He is so cute, and very tiny
default_smile.png

Thanks for your help Castle Rock. We trim our own minis and I rasped his toes after we took pictures. He still had not worn off the protective covering, so peeled off as much as possible. Had to put him in stall for the night because of raij showers. The temps are supposed to go up, so he will be out in paddock more.

I totally agree with Diane - I have had several foals born with legs like your pretty boy and in no time at all they were all fine. One baby born to an elderly mare was very much worse - front and back legs bending at all angles - but with as much outside time as I could give her, alone with just her Momma, after a month she was perfect. I wouldn't consider using splints if I were you as they can lead to all sorts of difficulties with rubbing etc.

Sorry but am still having problems with my internet connection so a belated congratulations on the birth of your little fella.

I've seen toes like that before in the front, their farrier trimmed him up and added blocks to help strengthen the tendons in the leg while supporting the joint in the proper position. I don't think its caused by a rough delivery. Such a good looking boy, I'm sure he'll be zipping around in no time!

Latest posts

Back