Magic Marker 2015

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Feather is between 348-358 days and is still holding onto it. She shows no sign of wanting to get her alien life form out. She looks and acts miserable. Wind, at 330 days, is catching up with her. Both their milk bars are about even in development.

CAM00494.jpg

CAM00495.jpg

CAM00496.jpg

CAM00500.jpg

CAM00506.jpg

CAM00508.jpg

CAM00509.jpg

CAM00513.jpg

I really feel for you. Paradigm is doing the same thing to me. Wishing you a safe and happy foaling for both your girls and soon!

I hope my girls aren't gonna be stingie holding on to there babies. Hopefully they foal soon can't wait to see some babies

Maybe Feather is holding out for wind to go first
default_smile.png
OR she could just be very busy putting the final touches on for you
default_smile.png

They are both looking great & wishing you safe foalings for all your mares this year
default_smile.png

Cheers Ryan

I'm pretty sure they are waiting for improved weather. It's been very windy (20-30 MPH) and it's rained most of the afternoon. Feather is in her stall with a lot of straw and a blanket.

I know it probably sounds awful but I'm glad you are waiting too. Makes me feel not so alone and lonely with this process. I think it's harder on us by far than on the mares. Your winds sound horrible and rain too. Are you still staying in your truck? Are you warm enough? Sooner or later these babies will appear.

Yes, still in the truck. I don't get cold easily plus I have a heavy king comforter. Weather has improved. Temps to be in the 70's and a couple low 80's for the next few days. Feather has been V'd for most of the day. When I checked her abour a hour ago, her bag was extremely tight and cpuld express clear, thick fluid from nipples. Maybe tonight, doing a all nighter.

Sounds exciting, stay comfy. I plan on making a bed in my bard in about a month. First I gotta eradicate the mouse population.

You have fun with that mouse problem. May need to get a couple cats. I have a cat that follows me out to the shed where the bird food is. He hets any mice that have gotten in the container and can't get out. He's so cute troting beside me.

Ha cat all mine does is go after the song birds and chipmunks.I'll be setting up a row of mouse traps. Hopefully I remember to step over them lol

We have a buckskin pinto colt. Four high white socks and a bald face. It was a little rough and Feather ended up standing. Had to help pull, then hold. Placenta came out as I set him on the ground 10 minutes later. Mom is a little slow at cleaning him because of the rough delivery.

CAM00521.jpg

CAM00520.jpg

Oh my goodness!!! What a doll baby and so well worth the wait. Congratulations and I'm so happy for you!
default_thumbup.gif

I am mistaken. He is not pinto, he is a buckin splash with crystal blue eyes. May have inherited silver from dams side. Face has the trademark buckskin coloring, but body has a greyish silver coloring. His name is MMM Dreams A Splash of Pizazz. Barn name will be Zazz or Zazzy. Looks to mature between 28-30".

Latest posts

Back