Maden mare help please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The is starting to get very nasty if i try get her milk to test she is trying to bite me n
Ohh okay i did try this moring but she was cranky so i let her be lol

That’s perfectly okay! Especially as a maiden mare. You are doing everything you are supposed to do great job! If I were to venture
a guess I would say you don’t have terribly long to wait!

How far is your girl
I really have no idea anymore!! Pretty sure last trimester, but beyond that, who knows? Vet says 3 months, but I have seen baby rolling and punching almost since I got her so I think more than 3 months (vet said no way in --- that I can see anything. I have even taken video.

I really have no idea anymore!! Pretty sure last trimester, but beyond that, who knows? Vet says 3 months, but I have seen baby rolling and punching almost since I got her so I think more than 3 months (vet said no way in --- that I can see anything. I have even taken video.
Hello i dont no how far she is she is huge tho vet said he cant tell haw far she has to go as baby is to big so cant make out how far but the baby has a big hart and dtrong beat

one thin to know is the mares milk...with out milk strips is they will get a honey color and texture, becoming very sticky. then it will turn white. that is your sign she will foal now, within hours. you can sleep until then. I do and never miss.

one thin to know is the mares milk...with out milk strips is they will get a honey color and texture, becoming very sticky. then it will turn white. that is your sign she will foal now, within hours. you can sleep until then. I do and never miss.
Yeh she wont let me near next to her utter 😔

She use to but last 3 days she trys to bite me and kick me i hope she gets over it when she has her baby as she is for my 3yr old and was so placed

that’s fine! Some are very touchy about their udder. Since you are sleeping with her I wouldn’t worry about testing milk too much. Maidens dont always get milk in till right at foaling. I’ve seen multiple this year who never got expressible milk until AT foaling. Do you have any new pictures of her udder?

that’s fine! Some are very touchy about their udder. Since you are sleeping with her I wouldn’t worry about testing milk too much. Maidens dont always get milk in till right at foaling. I’ve seen multiple this year who never got expressible milk until AT foaling. Do you have any new pictures of her udder?

Some get huge and some barely show. Don’t worry you are doing great! The udder will be largest before turnout in the morning. It will shrink throughout the day as she moves around. But when she is imminent the udder should stay big all day.

Latest posts

Back