Maden mare help please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amandab

Reaction score
Hello i jave this sweet little girl whome is 3 and i have fou d out she is in foal NOT PLANED i jave had her 7mths im sleeping im the stables as i was told she is inament that was 2 weeks ago wot do you think thanks she sweating evert night and lots of chomping with mo food in her mouth and gets resless she is a sooky girl too but only for me

I am new to this too and have one in foal but not due yet. Have you any experience in this? You are being close and that's very good. Take a deep breath and try to relax so she does too. Remember a red bag presentation is not good (red for danger) and it means get the bag open and baby out. White bag is good. Just make sure baby presents properly and make sure bag is open after birth so baby can breathe. That's VERY basic and what I keep saying to myself to ingrain it in my brain! The experienced people on this forum have gone through this and can give you great advice!! So excited for you! By the way, what's "Sooky?" :) Welcome to the best mini site!

She looks like she is getting there for sure. And as a maiden they can wait till last minute to finish bagging. Can you take pictures from a little further away to get the full vulva and udder? Vulva looks close. Udder still has a bit to go. But like I said that can happen last minute. Are you able to express any milk? If you can, it is very helpful to use a pool strip to test the ph. That will usually give you an idea of how close she is. Her belly is very low although not v'd yet.

She looks like she is getting there for sure. And as a maiden they can wait till last minute to finish bagging. Can you take pictures from a little further away to get the full vulva and udder? Vulva looks close. Udder still has a bit to go. But like I said that can happen last minute. Are you able to express any milk? If you can, it is very helpful to use a pool strip to test the ph. That will usually give you an idea of how close she is. Her belly is very low although not v'd yet.
Okay yes i can get clear stuff out the ph test is pink still but dont no if i cant trust them poor girl is sweating up at night for a week now

Okay yes i can get clear stuff out the ph test is pink still but dont no if i cant trust them poor girl is sweating up at night for a week now

I am new to this too and have one in foal but not due yet. Have you any experience in this? You are being close and that's very good. Take a deep breath and try to relax so she does too. Remember a red bag presentation is not good (red for danger) and it means get the bag open and baby out. White bag is good. Just make sure baby presents properly and make sure bag is open after birth so baby can breathe. That's VERY basic and what I keep saying to myself to ingrain it in my brain! The experienced people on this forum have gone through this and can give you great advice!! So excited for you! By the way, what's "Sooky?" :) Welcome to the best mini site!
Hahha she she is and yeh i git tge pony and didnt no she was pregnate never done this before 😬

That’s good! Usually they are pretty reliable. What brand are you using? I wouldn’t pet all my trust in them but they usually are accurate. Do you know how many days she is?

20200828_065418.jpg
20200828_065409.jpg20200828_064910.jpg
20200828_064837.jpg

The is starting to get very nasty if i try get her milk to test she is trying to bite me n
Okay that udder looks much closer than yesterday. I’d be testing every 4-6 hrs at this point. They can drop extremely fast. One of my friends dropped from 8.4 to 6.4 in 2 hrs.
Ohh okay i did try this moring but she was cranky so i let her be lol

Latest posts

Back