Madean mare do you think she is ready she is very sweaty

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She could be getting close. I don’t think her udder is a foaling udder yet but that can change quickly. Has she been eating today? What is her behavior like? Also is it warm where you are?

Hello she has been very narsty lats few day its night time here and its 8deg atm she had runny poo yesterday but now is fine she is a madean with no service date

Those are definitely signs that she may be close. She may just be getting close. But she may be getting ready too. Watch for belly kicks, and looking back at her belly. Does she have any tail resistance? Were those udder pictures this morning or evening?

Those are definitely signs that she may be close. She may just be getting close. But she may be getting ready too. Watch for belly kicks, and looking back at her belly. Does she have any tail resistance? Were those udder pictures this morning or evening?
Yes same utter she is laying bown atm breathing very heavy i have seen the baby move she had a back line yesterday but now its gone again she has her nose in the sand

No just had the vet out he said could be 4 weeks away or tonight i give up

I know it’s extremely frustrating. Any chance you can set up a camera to view her? If you can there are ways to get help watching so that you can sleep. Have you had any success testing her ph? I know you said she’s gotten real hard to test so if not that’s fine.

Im at an adjustment place with no wifi i jave a swag in the stable block no luck with ph but she let me tuch them just no it 11pm there is clear sticky stuff

Good news is that belly looks like she’s dropped. Or at least dropped some. So making progress. Often the udder will shrink a few days before foaling and then come back bigger than ever for foaling. I wonder if that’s what she’s doing now. Cause her udder was bigger several days ago.

Agree that she looks like she's dropped. That means the foal is getting itself into birthing position. And you said that the vet said she could be 4 weeks away??? But you also said the liquid from her teats was sticky??? A mare who is 4 weeks away does NOT produce sticky! It means the colostrum is coming in.

Back