Lucky C Acres foaling season has just come to an end

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
COLT!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:DOH! Yep, chalk up ANOTHER colt to our boy Sky.. But hey, he's healthy and mom is too so what more could I ask for?? Was VERY surprised at what ended up with (except the sex of course, I *knew* it'd be a colt
default_rolleyes.gif
) momma is a pinto that looks like she could carry every pattern in the book and daddy of course is our black near leopard overo-appaloosa, and this "little" guy is SOLID black, haven't found a speck of white on him yet, but he does look like he has the appy sclera, hooves are striped and he *may* have a blue or partial blue eye but was hard to tell, will have to check in the morning..

We missed this one too :DOH! I had gone out and checked her at around 10 minutes to 10.. She hadn't changed at all and was standing in her favorite spot.. Only thing different was she had the tiniest bead of wax on one teat.. Came back in the house, watched a little bit of the ACM Awards until it went to commercial, went up to my room to settle in for the night, flipped on the tv/cam and there was baby! Had only been 20-30 minutes post last check!
default_new_shocked.gif

Funny thing is my sister pulled foal watch a couple nights for me since I was in a friend's wedding so had some long days with getting up early and staying up late to help decorate and get things ready for their big day.. During those nights she said she had just awoken from her sleep at 3:39 both nights, with out the alarm going off or anything, with that urge to check her, well she foaled tonight and was 339 days gestation.. How weird is that???
default_new_shocked.gif

Anywho, without further ado, our last foal of the season
default_wub.png
:

102_2584.jpg

102_2587.jpg

102_2588.jpg

102_2593.jpg

Will get dry pics in the morning!
default_wub.png

Edited to add:

Here is his daddy:

102_2546.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, congrats!!! He sure does look jet black but then so does mom. Get some sleep now
default_yes.gif

boy..black as night this one....!!! Congrats on your new boy.....post pictures when he is all dry and fluffy
default_yes.gif

Congratulations! Can't wait to see dry pics of your cute little one!

congrats!! I have one chance for a filly left. It must be something on this ohio water LOl

Oh Cristina--he's gonna be one handsome dude. I can't wait to see dried off, unfolded photos. Something tells me this is a special guy!!
default_biggrin.png

Congrats on your new little one..Momma and daddy both flaked on the color..Thats a bummer but alive and healthy is always great....He looks nice.. That is a really nice pic of Sky too.. Take care and cant wait to see dry pics of your new boy...

Thanks everyone! He looks great this morning
default_yes.gif
I watched them throughout the night to make sure he nursed several times and momma didn't cramp too much, and the whole time he was trying to run around and buck but those long legs kept getting in the way.. :DOH!
default_rolleyes.gif

He is absolutely Beautiful.
default_wub.png
Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif
Joyce

[SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS[/SIZE] THEY can take up to 2 years to spot out specially pintaloosa foals

So did you ever keep track of your foaling "contest"?
Yes I did, but it's on the computer I had down on campus and I haven't gotten a chance to hook it up :DOH! So as soon as I get it hooked up and running I'll look to see who won the contest for this little guy
default_yes.gif

WOOHOO! We have a partial blue eye!!!!! And look, he actually DOES have some white, see the white hairs their above his eye? Look close cause there's only about 5! lolol

102_2605.jpg

And his little "boy part" is mottled!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

He's too cute, his legs are so long he still hasn't got the hang of them yet but boy is he trying
default_yes.gif
Might let him and momma out later to stretch their legs so will try to get some outside pics of him too..

102_2608.jpg

102_2603.jpg

102_2599.jpg

Even though it's a Boy Sky did Good!
Although he's given me three healthy boys, I'm pretty pleased with what he throws..
default_yes.gif
Hopefully he'll start giving me some fillies that are just as nice or better than these boys
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back