LP Painted Ponys - 2016 foaling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all!! What a glorious day and OMG tired... Kechi was taking forever to figure out the "mama thing". I tied her up and basically, several times introduced the filly to the milk bar (Kechi's udder may be "smallish" but she seems to be producing milk w/ no problems and the IgG test(s) were good). She passed her meconium and pee'd, but it took all afternoon for her to pick up and look better... They are currently separated from the others - in a 16x16 pen.

They now both have names - KoKo's colt is "CharKoal" - LP Painted CharKoal E. Kechi's filly is "Jynx" - LP Painted Krmel Jynx...

I've got a lot of pictures to go thru and do up (Sierra took almost 100 on her phone and I'm still working on getting them all down loaded - haven't even gone thru them yet...). In the damp humidity this morning, neither my phone nor the camera wanted to work well - but as you can see the other pics turned out OK.

16may13keFilly141913.jpg

16may13keFilly142127.jpg

Have to share these two photos as Grace so often doesn't participate in the horses stuff with up...

16may13koColt140623.jpg

16may13koColt140720.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the names Paula, not just the names but the spelling of them too. I was drawing total blanks when it came to names before I quit breeding lol. I so admire you coming up with these great names!

Yes, welll I was too, LOL!!!

We were throwing names back and forth fast and furious in our living room again (in the last month, I've seen more of our oldest and youngest daughters' then I had in the previous 8 or so). We came up with quite a few that just didn't work. Youngest daughter started putting qualifiers on them (NO "G" names & a couple of others that I can't remember now). For CharKoal - we discussed InK, Ink E, Torch, Torchy, Nox and a whole lot of others. I think it was a co-worker of Sierra's, via text message, that stated charcoal. We rolled that around a bit and then changed the middle "c" to a "k". His new owner just calls him "Koal".

Jynx was part of the living room brain storm. I already had the pedigrees done on the both of them and the girl's had the filly's up and were going thru all the names... Skye said she really, really liked the name "Caramel", then we switched out the "c" again for a "k" and I dropped some letters to do the spelling. "Jynx" because it was Friday the 13th. Still don't know where we are going to put the "T" for "Toro" at ...

Thank you for participating by sharing your mares foaling journey! Congratulations on your gorgeous new 2016 Foals!!!
default_firstprize.gif

Please remember to add their photos to our yearly "new foal announcement" thread on the main forum, and also here on the pinned thread entitled "foals born with the help of this board".

New and updated photos and questions go on the main Miniature Horse Forum, there is also a pinned topic in this forum for updated photos of foals - everyone loves to see new foal announcements and updated foal photos!!
Thank you again and we hope to see your Mares here again next year!!
default_yes.gif

I will move this foaling journal into the yearly foaling journal archives forum after a few days of Congratulations!!

Paula you are very lucky to have family that participates! Mine loved the excitement of seeing the new foals every year but as far as doing or knowing anything about any of the horses nada LOL

Latest posts

Back