LP Painted Ponys - 2015 Foaling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx, All!!

Ryan - you are a "bad, bad" man! You went to Bali and toasted the birth of a foal (or 2 or 3) but didn't send us piccies of the drinks do that we could "share"? That's just cruel. What were these cocktails you indulged in?

Since I pretty much know what colors I'm getting from these crosses - I want to put in an order for more white! I'm really hoping that Wizard gives these foals more white - I'm tired of almost all solid colored pintos... Yes, I know it can be a PITA to keep them clean - don't care though. It's been 10 years since we had a foal w/ lots of white. In 2005 - we had 2 foals sired by AJ that were about 85+% white (one out of a bay arab w/ lots of chrome<sabino?> and one out of a minimal sabino black mare) and I'd like another 2 or 3 that way...

Our 2 2005 babies -

b8f0.jpg
6a09.jpg

3ada.jpg

Gel05Apr10LsideW.jpg
4e1f.jpg

Rhythm produced 2 bay tobiano fillies that had lots of white, though, Gel had more than IC. Sioux also produced 5 foals - 4 of whom had massive amounts of white - Shield had the most just like Gel...

It's always fun - when you know you are guaranteed to get pintos - to wonder and then discover how much white there actually is on your foals...

Kim - even when Koalah isn't in foal - she looks like she's always ready to "pop"...LOL.
default_new_rofl.gif
She is just one of those mares w/ a "ponderous belly"... think that's what it's known as. OR a "foal belly" - it's why for the longest time I didn't think she was pregnant. I'd never had her come into heat so many times after a breeding in the past, like this time... then the "foal belly" went lopsided and that was how I knew for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
So... who is up for helping choose names? It's unusual for our family not to already have a few picked out, though we do wait to see what will work/stick for each baby. The girls' have, of course, suggested Merlin, Mage, Witch. I should know more "arcane" words/names but right now - not thinking of them... Plus remember that Wizard's sire is Graham's Little King Lee.. (so royalty type names may work...)

Our farm name is LP Painted and we try to fit in a bit of both mare/stallion or other family members in the "tree". Our previous website had all the pedigrees on it - I never got around to getting them entered in All Breed Pedigree, so would have to list grandparents' names...

Koalah's 3 fillies for us were sired by All That Style N Class & 2 have been born around holidays (St Paddy's day and Easter) so are LP Painted SilverNshamrock & LP Painted Silver Bunny. Her first for us was LP Painted FlashNfluff. Koalah's name is Wa-Full Koalah's silver Fluff - sired by Wa-Full Koalah's Spring & out of Wa-Full Prince Feather Babe. The story on Koalah's sire is that his name was supposed to be Kahlua - as in the drink/liquor but it was spelled wrong on application. Her colt that she was carrying when we purchased her is named LP MayDay Ranger (born May 1st and went thru 2 wire fences right after birth & found by the kids while walking around the loop of farm road we were on) when she had him in the pasture before bringing her in for the night.

Thinking a colt - may bring back in a liquor name... Kahlua Wiz? Filly?

Tory's name is Cherry Hill Olympic Victory. She is by Flaby's Mr Chips & out of Cherry Hill Olympic Glory. Her foals names - by CS Perfect Parfait is Jen-Cyns Windwalker & think the filly's name was Sundae; by MO shock N Awe, EDV - JemCyns Steppnout Nstyle, JemCyns Knight Hawk & LP Painted Mo-0lympus; by WF Action Jackson - LP Painted AJs Echo.

filly names - Glorianna; Gloryann; Wizards Glory - I seem to think a filly should be called "Glory"... Colt names?

Then we have Eclipse (Buckeye WCF Classical Eclipse by Grahams Little King Lee out of Wilk Raven's Partial Eclipse) and K-La (registered name is Lady Kay by Royal Red Boy out of Road Runner's Regent).

Any thoughts on names that I don't use, if you'll allow me to, will be kept and may be used for future foals! We also seem to have royalty names in the pedigrees of ALL of these mares! What a surprise - I hadn't even realized.

I will help, but I don't really know how to do it with all the information I have to remember! Lol. So don't laugh when I try to make something up. I will get back with you later. I think this will be fun.

I'm working on entering the pedigrees in All Breed Pedigree. Some are already there - so I don't have to go very far... Just have to make sure that registration numbers match up - there are more than one shetland w/ the same names and this is a free service. Most work hard so they don't make any mistakes while entering the info.

Wa-Full Koalah's Silver Fluff

MVC-022S.JPG

Silver Dapple Tobiano
ASPC, PtHA

Wa-Full Koalah's Silver Fluff

Wa-Full Koalah Spring

Wa-Full Prince Feather Babe

Wa-Full Golden Bennie

Wa-Full Jims Golden Brandy

Oles Prince VB

Bussy Peggy VB

Wa-Full Prince Gale

Little Doll VB

Golden Boys Captain Jim H

Wa-Full Caps Golden Champagne

Duke of Stringtowns Ole VB

Crescent Keynotes Ida VB

Dahilas Bussy VB

The previous post didn't quite do what I wanted to do... But those are all the ponies in her pedigree... off to bed for a few hours again.

here's Tory's pedigree - not sure it will copy right. If not, I will list the ponies in her pedigree like above for Koalah.

Cherry-Hill Olympic Victory - "Tory"

ToryHd.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Flaby’s Mr Chips [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC# 138671A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Black Tobiano[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]FWF Kewpie’s Charro of Arenosa[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC# 134961 Black Tobiano[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Kewpie’s Topper of Arenosa [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC# 128818A Chestnut Tobiano [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Kewpie Doll’s La Preciosa [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC # 129661A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Kewpie’s Party Babe of Arenosa [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC# 131760A Black[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Kewpie’s Topper of Arenosa [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC# 128818A Chestnut Tobiano [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Frisco’s Party Girl of Arenosa [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC# 125477A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Cherry-Hill Olympic Glory [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC# 138033A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Chestnut/Flaxen mane[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Cherry-Hill Bumble Bee
ASPC# 133722A
Dark Sorrel (silver bay?)
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Ponyland's Ringmaster
ASPC# 71110A Silver Bay?
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Copper's Honey
ASPC# 130708A Chestnut/flaxen
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Cherry-Hill Olympic Gold [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC# 135356A Red Sorrel[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Bar-G's Unkle Sam (HOF) ASPC# 103741[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Cherry-Hill Philomath Frolic
ASPC# 130732A Chestnut/Flaxen
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Well - that didn't work quite right...[/SIZE]

And Wizard's pedigree -

his sire's bloodlines:

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Graham's Little King Lee (HOF) ASPC# 141598A[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Bay Tobiano[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Red Rock Kid Lee [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC# 133393A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Kid Lee [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC# 129812A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Red Rock Sweet Thing ASPC# 131105A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Red Rock Bullseye Taffy ASPC 139139A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Bullseye [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC# 133644A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Red Rock Kid's Taffy ASPC# 135497A [/SIZE]

HIs dam's bloodlines:

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Q.P. Dolls Ginetta of Texana ASPC# 155137A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Chestnut Tobiano[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Sundance LB Mingo Mango ASPC# 150776[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Chestnut Tobiano[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Flaby's Captain Topper ASPC# 137593A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Sundance LB Magida ASPC# 144690A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Kewpie's Mercedes of Arenosa [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ASPC# 139324A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Silver Tobiano[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sire[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Kewpie's Topper of Arenosa ASPC# 128818A [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Kewpie's Golondrina of Arenosa ASPC# 132720A[/SIZE]

Well, between weather and family and appointments, I haven't gotten updated pics of the girls' this week. Wasn't too worried about it... Knew I had an appointment today, but thought I'd get some pics either before I left or around mid-morning when I expected to return.

Koalah hasn't had any "real" changes - she's been eating fine, manure has been about the same (consistent in that it's been slightly more often and less at one time). She's softened up a couple of times over the croup but not much and then 2 days ago - she "firmed back up". Hmmm, OK going to be a while yet. Then last night, I got a "feeling" and went out to check on her again before thinking about going to bed. she was going up and down, acting uncomfortable. So I stayed out to watch her... She stomped around, sweated and then laid down. Got up, let out a big fart. Then laid down again and stretched out - and all signs of being uncomfortable disappeared. I swear she started snoring. So at 1 am, I came in and went to bed. At 5:30, went back out to check on her. I studied her for a bit - looked like it might be another 24 - 48 hours or so before anything really happened, so in I went to take my shower before leaving for our appointment. Then, as we were leaving - the jr mares started running like crazy around the perimeter of the pasture that Koalah is in. So as we went out the main gate, asked hubby to drive along fenceline till we can see mares...

Sure enough - Koalah had foaled. I saw a sturdy foal w/ lots of white appearing to get plenty to drink,... Looked at watch, and said OK lets' go to appointment. Daughter, Sierra, will be here soon - will have her check the foal...

Here's the pic she sent me a little later -

15jun5kfilly085622.jpg

and then this one - with the note that we have a filly w/ 2 blue eyes.

15jun5kfilly090918.jpg

Then we made it home and we went out to check on her and I took this pics...

15jun5kfilly130214.jpg

15jun5kfilly130311.jpg

15jun5kfilly130423.jpg
15jun5kfilly130509.jpg

After that, we spent some time working back and forth over some name ideas - none decided on at this time...

I've already been back out tonight to check on Tory. She's making some changes now, but she also looks like she has a ways to go... Wouldn't surprise me if she foals this week.

Congrats! Just lovely. Too bad you aren't still in MT, or that could be one I'd try to sneak into my herd.

and some more pics of the now day old filly -

15jun6kfilly121942.jpg

15jun6kfilly192541.jpg

with our 4 yr old granddaughter - Gracie.

15jun6kfilly193023.jpg

with our 3 yr old granddaughter Gwen.

15jun6kfilly193116.jpg

default_wub.png
After seeing this filly, I'm really excited about Tory's foal now, too!! I would REALLY like a filly out of Tory... Please come dressed in pink little one.

I'm am just floored by Koalah's filly. And our 21 yr old daughter has been so excited by her - she's just "cooing"... the only way to describe it. She "squee-ed" when she told me how friendly she is! I have a feeling that this is one she's going to want to hang on to (kind of replacements for other ponies we've sold - long story).

So yesterday, after the birth of the filly and while MOST of our family was together (our middle daughter wasn't here), we brainstormed names. We put down on "paper" (MS Word - several "pages") quite a lot of names. Some were meant only for fillies, some for colts. Some are really magic related, some related via stories and books set in magic worlds.

That entails a LOT of names - we are all readers (and all of us like SciFi/Fantasy) and our oldest daughter is now a published author (teen, magic world). But still haven't fully decided on a name. Some were looked at and then discarded - nah - too cliche', too ??...etc, etc.

MAY have decided on one - "Kava". Not a "real" word/name. But from a series of books written by Anne McCaffrey called the "Dragon Riders of Pern". The word is from their "world" and is a drink served hot. A bitter/sweet drink like a mix between coffee and cocoa. One more like coffee is "Klah"...

We also like the series of books about the Companions (look like horses but are actually "spirits" - U have to read to find out more!!) and their partners (human riders) by Mercedes Lackey. That one is also now a HUGE set of books - set in the magical kingdom of Valdemar.

Anyway, we are still working on her name. But that may be the one that "sticks"...

We even looked up "Magic" in Klingon!!

Huge congrats! Looks like you started out by getting a foal with more white - like you previously mentioned you were hoping for! Hope this creates a trickle down effect for you and you keep getting more!

I had noticed that too, and I hope so...*(on the white)... Thanx, Brody!

Diane - ROFLOL! I've read a few of Stephen King's books (The Stand is actually one of my favorites) and a few others in that general genre... but have a tendency to like the magical ones and really like the ones where a person can communicate w/ their ... "familiar" (not really right word but it works). I also went crazy reading a lot of the military type ones for a while - Tom Clancy, Clive Cussler a few other others. A couple of CSI type (Scarpetta series, but can't remember the author's name) and some others...

We've tossed around some Spanish names, too. I've always loved the word/name - Paloma (can't remember the meaning of it but it didn't fit this case at all), Madira texted us Espera (think I spelled it right, not sure) - she said that one means "to hope"? But it didn't work for me either (and since I'm the main person out there day in/day out, it's gotta "work" for me, LOL). Lets see - besides names/words from various books, we have some meanings in Finnish, German, Spanish and Native American (different tribes/languages). Amazingly - we've got a lot of "weather" babies and Holiday babies. And a few animals as well (don't have a Foxy or a Squirrel, yet)...

We did talk about using "Witch" or "Witchy" - but decided against it. I've had too many instances where we've named one and it's fit them in more than one way. (Ari - was a tallish, leggy arab colt - lots of "Air" under him) and a few others that I can't even remember right now... hmmm...

I really think we are going to stick w/ "Kava"... and her registered name would be LP Painted Kava Wiz. O, and the word from the books has an "L" in it - "Klava" - but Sierra likes Kava. Wouldn't be the first time we've "made up" our own names either, LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back