Low Starch that I like

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
I just wanted to share that I am so pleased with the low starch feed I am feeding my insulin resistant few that I have recently put all on it. This type of feed is cooked through an extrusion process making all the nutrients more readily absorbed. I know there are different low starch feeds on the market. I used to use Wellness. I switched probably six months ago to Ex-Factor. I cannot sing it's praises loud enough. It is made by Blue Bonnet which is a company out of Oklahoma. Feeling a bit lazy so I have not got around to taking pictures. The hooves look compact and lovely. The most glorious thing though is manes. Oh my gosh. Both Romey and J R used to look like rats chewed on their manes which albeit thick were but gosh awful messes. They literallly now look like Rapunzel. I kid you not. The difference is like day and night. Also the ones with thin manes have so much more it just gives the manes a beautiful flow. They have that "don't hate me because I am beautiful look." Makes me want to eat Ex-Factor and see what it could do for me. Scraggly tails are also getting thicker. My farrier says that if the results are visible on the outside that it was already working on the inside. It makes me look forward to their shedding process being complete and weather permitting a good shampooing for all. I think they are going to shine like never before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing this....I need to ask our feed store about it.....Right now the only Low Starch I can get is LMF, and my two oldsters

don't think much of it. :/

Miniv this food actually smells good, like Granny Smith apples.

My 3 that stay on dry lot share about 7 cups morning and evening. So about 2 1/3 cups twice a day per horse. They are A size, but on the larger end of the spectrum. Everyone else varies according to size and quality of pasture.

Latest posts

Back