Love them updates

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowoodstables

Reaction score
I sold this gelding (almost caused a divorce!) last fall to a young girl in Nova Scotia. I had bought this little guy as my hubby's first horse and he was a star..the two of them went into the ring in harness for the first time in BOTH their lives and did soo well.

I had gotten an email from this young lady's grandmother looking for a bomb-proof but show quality gelding. In my usual fashion..I said"I guarantee him 100%%%%%..I don't think any amount of $$ could buy him now! She had had a bad driving accident the year before and Casey has brought her along to the point they go in every class going (including obstacle driving). I had NO idea he could jump but she sent me this pic and I thought it was so gratifiying to see the little (unprintable) do so well !!

Here is Katie Greene and Kate's Little Casey (that WAS his name when she bought him..very appropriate eh?!)

Kim

katieandcasey.jpg

Oh how beautiful! Gives me goosebumps! and I LOVE that Katie is wearing a helmet!!

I LOVE that Katie is wearing a helmet!!
Dr. Pam..

I did a clinic in Nova Scotia this summer on driving and the MAJORITY wore helmets. They even wear them in halter (obstacle/jumping etc) and I APPLAUDED it! Take it from me, there I times I should have a helmet just to clip!

Apparently (Sue C can correct me) but that is the RULES at all their shows (non santioned but still a good rule).

In the ASB/Hackney rule it is mandatory for the drivers to wear helmets, especially roadster classes were the chance of a high-speed spill is greater!

Kim

It must feel so good to know how well they must work together! He is a BEAUTIFUL horse, and from the looks of it a great jumper!

That horse was meant to belong to that girl!! He just needed to be with you for some training...your hubby loves his boat more anyway!!
biggrin.gif

Take it from me, there I times I should have a helmet just to clip!
I could have used that advice earlier today, Kimmy!!!
new_shocked.gif

He is BEAUTIFUL! Sounds like it was meant to be!

MA

I saw him last Wednesday at the Ex and commented on how MUCH I liked him! He is built to drive for sure, and I saw him at it. He was wonderful and looked very happy, as did Katie!

And yes, helmets ARE mandatory for ALL youth exhibitors at our shows, in ALL classes including halter. (unless they changed the rule this year). In fact, I'm pretty sure the kids I saw leading the minis around the grounds Wednesday eve were wearing helmets too? Sue, maybe you can fill in my memory, the two younger of the younguns?

I guess they aren't mandatory all over the province though, cause the boy showing my horse in the Halifax co. Ex the same week wasn't wearing one....
no.gif

Hey there Kim!! So funny; as when I read this I was planning to post, even before I saw who had posted it.
biggrin.gif

Yes, it is an Equine Canada rule, that any and all Youth (that's 18 and under) MUST wear a helmet at any EC ruled show. Most, but apparently not all, (as mentioned by Billiethekid) Exhibition grounds follow this rule, for insurance purposes. I will not allow any youth driving or handling a horse on my property, do so without wearing a helmet. Did forget once, and posted the picture here, and was picked up for it...kudos to the "picker-upperer".
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Billie: The youngest of the youngins is Tara, and her horse is TC. TC, was injured after the last class. Something spooked her just after the class was over, and she hurt her right hind. I hope she will be okay, but don't expect her to be ready to show at the Hants County EX. Tara is a great young driver, and she made out much better than most...I must say, it scared us all.

Well, my "old" horse, little Zeemer, came "home" for a month. His current owner was going away, she asked if I would like him here to "play with". You might recall him Kim, he is the chubby little black gelding that was at your clinic. Well, I dusted him off, cleaned him up, and had his former youth driver, Danielle, drive him in the Youth classes at this same Exhibition. What a shock to his system, after being semi retired for two years; I can imagine. And difficult for sure, when he is competing against horses 6 and 7 inches taller than he. But he is the happiest little horse I know, and he jumped and trotted his way to High Point Youth horse of the Week.

Yes, it certainly is heartwarming to know they are loved and cared for after they leave us!! I hope all my babies will be so lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous horse!
yes.gif

I love to see the horses I've sold do well for their new families too. I sold a gelding who is now being shown, and at this last show they tried him in halter--- good move-- he won Grand under all three judges, and even got a SUPREME!

He's doing great in driving too, even though he's still quite green.

Magic Mist Blaze of Fire, now owned by Bill and Jennifer Radoi. Super job, you guys!!
aktion033.gif
s_blaze_01_f.jpg

OMG if little Zeemer (aka wanna be Beemer) wants to come to Ontario he most certainly can! What a cutie patootie he is! As for Casey...it really makes my heart happy to see him happy with Katie (and she's happy too!)

Kim

Oh how beautiful and it looks like sooooooo much fun for the handler and the horse...If Iwere only younger..
wink.gif

Oh my gosh! I love this post and that picture!!! You must feel so proud and so humbled really to have brought Katie and Casey together because it sure looks and sounds like they were meant to be together. Talk about destiny!

OMG if little Zeemer (aka wanna be Beemer) wants to come to Ontario he most certainly can!
biggrin.gif
I will tell Denise...that will tickle her.
yes.gif

You must feel so proud and so humbled really to have brought Katie and Casey together
wub.gif
I KNOW...it just makes me wanna cry!!
crybaby.gif

That's wonderful. I, too, love updates on the ones I've sold as I still love them all and feel I like to be included in their lives a little bit. For the most part, the owners are good to do that, and I get updates on many of them quite often, happy ones!

Congratulations on making dreams come true!

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back