Lots of SNOW!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAYO

Reaction score
Winter is definately here in Northern Indiana!! We woke up this morning to about 10 inches of snow, 25 degrees and wind!! I'm not complaining.....compared to those folks in Oklahoma this is not a problem. All our horses are in stalls, bedded down heavy and pretty content. Supposed to drop to 10 degrees tonight and then we get to deal with frozen water buckets!!
default_wacko.png
My Dad took the tracter and plow and made really nice paths between barns, hay rooms etc. Makes going much easier. My son in law shoveled out all barn doorways and made that easier too. The snow was absolutley beautiful this morning. And the dogs are feeling so good, running and playing like pups.
default_aktion033.gif
Hope everyone is holding up well.

I am in Northwest Ohio, and our snow mostly came today. Last night we got snow, then it turned to freezing rain overnight, and now we have about 8 to 10 inches of snow on top of all that ice. And, it is really blowing and drifting. My husband plowed the driveway with his 4 Wheeler so I can get to the barn. I kept my horses in today, they also seem pretty content in their stalls. The wind seems to be dying down a bit now, so I am hoping to be able to let them out tomorrow. Glad to hear you are safe and made it through the storm okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got about 10 inches in the thumb area of Michigan. They first called for 12 to 16 inches. Lots of blowing and drifting snow. Warnings still to midnight.

Im in northern NY. Its about 15 deg. here and windy. We also have 10 in. of snow!
default_new_shocked.gif

I am in Kansas and we got snow starting friday night into saturday morning. We ended up with 10 inches where I am and we have drifts that are waist deep so makes getting through some parts of the yard a chore in itself. Luckily most of the ice had melted off before the snow came on top of it but not all of it -- still pretty slick in some areas. Just glad that we got our power back friday right before it started snowing.

My plans are to fly into Detroit Thursday afternoon ... my sister emailed me and said I may need a sled to get in! Surely things will be settled down by Thursday, huh?
default_unsure.png

It should drop here in NW Louisiana tonight in the mid 20's and I had ice covered water buckets this morning, nothing like the ice storms and loss of power though
default_no.gif
Been there, done that for 6 days a few years back and I sure don't want to go through that again!

I bet the snow is beautiful and I sure have great memories of walks on a calm cold night with snow everywhere and how it just lit up the night all around. There is nothing more beautiful during this time of year than a nice snow with Christmas lights twinkling in the night!
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Well between Thursdays storm and last nights storm we had about 15", maybe more. It's so lcear out tonight and the snow is glistening in the moon light it's beautiful. It will make it nice for my friends adult only luminary sleigh ride on Sunday night (next week). I have heated water buckets and I won't go back to regular buckets for anything.[/SIZE]

Christy

Its just insaine here in northwestern ohio, right now i think its about 7'' out but the drifts are out of this world. I took advantage of today forumless and took snow pony pictures. Its beautiful out! Our county is in a level 3 currently. Its not to chilly, but the wind does the real damage.

We've been snowed in all day, great timing for the forum to be down ....its been a long long day
default_smile.png

Its beginning to look allot like Christmas
default_biggrin.png

Thumb area of Michigan here too. We received about 10 inches of snow today , blizzard like conditions constantly from dawn to about 3 or 4pm. Made trying to shovel anything impossible until it quit. The horses are having a grand time in it though ! And gave the us a snow day for tomorrow ! Yay !
default_aktion033.gif
I work at the school kitchen so I get off the same as the kids.
default_biggrin.png

Well Kay back here in Ky we didn't get any snow. I do like the snow & looked out the window first thing this morning hoping to see some........ Guess we're go visit our son in Indianapolis if I want to see it. All we have here is mud - that is until the temps dropped below freezing this evening. Hope all is well!

I'm in CT and we got 6" of snow the other day with ice on top so has been dangerous walking around etc.

Our temps so far have not been too bad but we have had lots of wind. Minis are getting extra hay if they are out most of the day. Sounds like it will be a white Christmas for us.

Joyce L

Latest posts

Back