Lots of snow!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atotton

Reaction score
We have about 32" of snow down now and are expecting another 30-40cm within the next 5 days. The only thing keeping the minis from being buried so far is the layer of ice crust from an ice storm we had. They are enjoying the 20'X20' corral I shoveled for them, they can sun themselves and the snow banks block the wind. Fell free to post winter pictures of your miniatures too.

101_2703.JPG

101_2714.JPG

101_2711.JPG

101_2747.JPG

101_2725.jpg

101_2618.JPG

101_2708.jpg

101_2614.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I get a kick out of the hoar frost on their whiskers and ears. They look like they're dusted with powdered sugar.

Mine actually seem to enjoy our record cold lately. They don't like icestorms, but do enjoy the snow. Keeping an area shoveled out for them, atotton, must be a challenge!

We have to shovel out the chicken pen, or they won't come out of their house.

Yes it was the hardest at first when I broke through the ice layer. Now it isn't too bad, most on the snow since is lighter and fluffier.

Great pictures of your minis!!!!!

My 2 loved playing in the snow too!!!! But on the days it melted slightly ( not fluffy anymore) they got ice balls stuck in their hooves. I felt so sorry for them as I'm sure it was uncomfortable and it made it difficult for them to walk......I did try to gently pick it out. It did melt when the were in their stall for the night, I put extra shavings in to give them extra warmth!!! However they did look funny like the were wearing high heels!!!!! Poor babies!

Thanks. Yes mine had the same thing with their feet, the snow isn't as sticky now. I also try to keep their feet picked out.

Great pics of happy minis in the snow!! Thanks for posting them.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back