Lots of PUPPY News!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL Mary Lou! I have actually been thinking a lot about you and your new little one lately, wondering how he was doing! Sounds like he is fast becoming a little "Mama's Boy" too!
default_wink.png
I do have

Oh Shauna, I can only IMAGINE how terrible you must have felt having to care for all those puppies around the clock, and your own baby too!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wacko.png

Sara, I made that little blanket for Monkey when I first got him home. I figured he needed something, so used up some polar fleece and made it the same way I do my little foal blankets. It is/was plain and simple, but it did the trick! Unfortunately though, he has already outgrown it, and that is why I have been on my "shopping spree". This is as bad as shopping for babies...I tell you, I see soooo many cute things for girls!
default_laugh.png

As for Teddy's dew claws, I'd say he's your dog, it's your call. Many say not to, personally, on my dogs, I prefer they are done. I do have 2 Chihuahuas that are not done, and Molly and Monkey both had theirs when I got them, so when I spay/neuter, I do get them done. Have had them done on a Great Dane before as well. It is so much better to do them when the pups are first born rather than when they are several months old as there is nothing to it when they are babies. (I did my pups today) Once they are older, they feel the pain and takes stitches and longer to heal. The problem with Monkey I think, is because he was so young and playful, and he loves to play with Abby, and Abby would accidentally hurt him while they were playing. That then caused some irritation/minor swelling, and the stitches were so tight, and I imagine it was just throbbing for him. But like I said, it seemed almost instantaneous that once we got the stitches out, he felt much relief. If Teddy were mine, and I was having him neutered, I too would be getting his dew claws removed.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
that is why I have been on my "shopping spree". This is as bad as shopping for babies...I tell you, I see soooo many cute things for girls!
default_laugh.png
Tell me about it!!! I've always thought it was really silly seeing people with dogs that wore clothes. I've had Teddy for 2 weeks, and he already has a house jacket, a hoodie, 2 outdoor jackets and a coat on the way. Mark keeps telling me that we'll have to buy him t-shirts too, and I keep saying no! I have a feeling though that we just might.
default_rolleyes.gif
Still gotta get him a rain coat and a sweater, and maybe some booties, then we'll be set...I think. I keep seeing these ADORABLE little dresses and girly things, and I keep asking "why couldn't Teddy have been a girl?"
default_laugh.png

How long did it take Monkey to heal from having the dew claws removed? I wasn't going to get Teddy's done at first, but he's forever biting on his legs. I'm worried that they'll get caught on something and ripped off. Plus he has two on each of his hind legs and those are the legs he's always nawing on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gee, I don't know if they will do all four legs, and if not, I would say it is most important to get the back ones removed. He has double dewclaws on each back leg?? THAT is WIERD for a toy breed!

Monkey's were OK until right near the end when it was time to get the stitches out. The first 5 or 6 days were OK, but after that was when he started bumping it (maybe because they did feel better). I think I took the stitches out on day 8, even though I should have left them in for 10 days. I had started soaking his little feet in hot salt water for a day or so because he was in pain and they were pinkish looking. I knew they were really bothering him, yet they were not at all infected.

My GP mix has her dew claws. When I took her to the vet to make sure she could have the surgery to be spade the vet reccomended removing the back dew claws. They just hang and do not have any bone in them. She said that leaving them is just an accident (in the middle of the night . 'cause that what they do) waiting to happen. My dog has bone in the front ones. that would be an amputation and I am not up for that.

Mona, how are the babies today?

Oh my gosh!!!! They are all so cute but Monkey is beyond precious!!!! OMG!!! Just his pictures make put a big smile on my face -- I can't imagine what it must be like to see him in person. He is so neat!!!!!

OHHH Mona.. MOnkey is the cutest thing ever

and your pups are very cute I had a chi do the same thing after a c-section but like yours on day 2 she decided she was a mom again
default_laugh.png

Congrats on the pups again so cute

Mona, in all my life, I don't think I have ever seen such a cute little dog like Monkey! I am a life long Yorkie person, but Monkey could sway me !

Congrats on your Chi pups! Glad everything is working out!

Robin

default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
MONKEY is ADORABLE!!!!! His face is precious and those ears-totally cute!!!! Your Chi pups look just like Boston pups!! Makes me want to breed one of my girls again ASAP!!!! I LOVE PUPPIES
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

I had a mini dachshund reject her pups after a c-section. It was horrible. I thought she was going to kill them. But about day 2 things were normal.

My 8 pound dachshund had 2 puppies that were 2 ounces each. She was deathly sick just before and we weren't sure anyone would survive. She didn't have milk for a couple days so I had to feed them. One puppy did die-- I was devastated. I kept the surviving puppy and she was Baby for a long time. She's quite the brat now! lol

Congratulations on the puppies!

Im coming to your house! I want to pet all of them and steal your chocolate Chi!
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back