Lost Spoke Ranch AMHA WORLD SHOW RESULTS:

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost Spoke Ranch

Reaction score
Howdy LB friends:

What an incredible AMHA World Show we had! I’m so proud of our horses and everyone that made it possible. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the hard working folks behind the scenes that clip, clean, groom, and make our show horses look so incredible. They rarely get the credit they deserve, but you are appreciated beyond belief. Angela, Julieanna, Michaela, and Kurt we love ya!

I’m so proud to announce that all the Lost Spoke Ranch horses taken and shown (5) at this years World came back with no less than a top ten!!! Congratulations to the Hawkin’s family with their top ten win with Lost Spoke’s Tymer’s Exotic Lacey in Amateur Jr. Mares LV1 30” 33”. You go girls! I don’t have a picture of Lacey from the World yet, but I’ll post one when I do.

We personally took four horses this year. Two were 26” and under black appaloosa weanling fillies, Lost Spoke’s LL Sweetest Taboo aka “Taboo” and Lost Spoke’s LL Too Cool To Touch aka “Touch”. They are both multiple top ten earners. They are by CCMF Legacy’s Legend, our bay leopard, 08 AMHA WORLD 30” and under halter and 07 RESERVE WORLD Multi-Color Champion! All photos below where taken by Matt McMillian.

tabootommyhalter09amhaworld.jpg
touchaustin26andunderweanlings09amhaworld.jpg

I’m most proud of our unlikely top ten futurity stallion winner Lost Spoke’s Lightening Strike aka “Striker” shown by my hubby Tommy. Striker is our two year old fewcap appaloosa colt. "Striker" is the second fewcap/fewspot appaloosa colt we have shown at the World level and they're the only two fewcap/fewspots I'm aware of to ever achieve a top ten in halter to this level of distinction!

strikertommy2yrfuturity09amhaworld.jpg
strikertommy2yrfuturity09amhaworldshow.jpg

And lastly, we’ve been beside ourselves with joy over the incredible year Lost Spoke’s Winter Dream Catcher aka “Catch” had this year. It is his and my first year driving and he just knocks my socks off year after year with all he is capable of doing!

“Catch” came home with 4 RESERVE WORLD Championships in Amateur Country Pleasure Driving with 58 in the class driven by yours truly, 4 yr old stakes with 12 in the class driven by Austin, Amateur Stallion LV1 30” to 34”, and Versatility with 23 in the class Shown by Austin and Tommy. He also brought home a top five (3rd) in 4 yr. old Country Pleasure Driving out of 16 driven by Austin, and two top tens in Ladies Country Pleasure Driving LV1 with 43 in the class and Country Pleasure Driving Stallions with 28 in the class with yours truly driving. What an incredible experience and I fear it’s going to be a very long time before my feet make it back to earth!

catchaustin4yrstakes09amhaworld.jpg
catchdawnacpd09amhaworld.jpg
catchaustinversatility09amhaworld.jpg
catchtommyrwcah09amhaworldshow.jpg

catchtommyhunter09amhaworld.jpg

Some of the most memorable experiences at the World is meeting old friends and of course meeting new ones! I can’t begin to express how remarkable it was to finally have the chance to meet Angela Peake of Serendipity Farm from Australia along with her two friends in person. We’ve been e-mailing each other for years and she’s exactly who I expected...what incredible energy, upbeat, wonderful person! It’s such an inspiration she and her friends came all that way to visit with fellow miniature horse lovers! Great big hugs to you Angela!!!!! I know I’m going to leave some folks out so I won’t try to name all of you, but it was GREAT seeing and visiting with you and hugs all around to all of you.

Thanks again to everyone that have been supportive of our horses and us throughout the years and letting us share our joy here on LB. We appreciate you!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on all your success! I noticed Catch in many of the classes I watched both there and online, and have to say it is a pleasure to see a stallion do so much! So many nice stallions are shown to a World title or so, and that's the last you see of them. Wonderful to see a truly all around horse continue to show, and to see him obviously so loved and enjoyed.
default_smile.png

Jan

Congratulations on all of your success, it was well deserved. I was thrilled to meet you guys and get a chance to chat. One of my highlights.

Karen

Hey You Guys!
default_saludando.gif

Gini Acton was supposed to go and give yalls a hug from us, but she couldn't get away from the CMHR booth long enough to find you. She did run into a couple of your horses though and said OMG WOW! So here's a belated hug and huge congrats to ya. (((((( ))))))
default_firstprize.gif

Dawn and Tommy, congratulations on all of your wins!!! You have put so much in to Catch, it has paid off handsomely. He looks gorgeous, and is a real driving star. Being such a distinctive animal, he naturally draws attention. That can work against a person at times, but when that animal is at the top of his game it is hard to take your eyes off him! That definitely was Catch!

It is very exciting to see people come up through the ranks and achieve what you have done. I have only three words...WAY TO GO!!!!

A friend of ours "Sandy Revard" sent me these pics of Catch & Tommy last night. They were taken at the World Show a couple weeks ago. Thank you so much Sandy for such wonderful pics of both my boys!

DSC_4426.jpg

DSC_4435%5B1%5D.jpg

DSC_4441.jpg

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

There is no denying the sheer awesomeness of your boy! Beautiful! :D

Do you have any foals coming from him?

Congratulations!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Catch is really an awesome boy!! I'm so glad he's turned into an "all-around" horse for you.
default_wub.png

Congrats Dawn on all your gorgeous horses and wonderful wins!! :)

And Catch is just breathtakingly beautiful! :)

Susan O.

Oh Tommy and Dawn, you know how I feel
default_wub.png
Congrats, you are certainly making your mark on the Miniature horse world and LOVE to see it done with spots!!! I can see how your fillies were a good matched pair! (And am still a proud 'grandma' of Touch)

Catch has truly shown the versatility of a Miniature and is not just another pretty face!!! I LOVE to see a horse do so well in so many different classes. Not many have done so well at such a variety of things!!

Keep up the excellent work! Congrats from the bottom of my heart!

Congratulations on all of your World wins! It must be so gratifying to see that your breeding program is working so well!

Pam C.

Hey there! Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments. They mean so much to this driving greenhorn.

There is no denying the sheer awesomeness of your boy! Beautiful! :D
Do you have any foals coming from him?
Actually Amy, we bred "Catch" for the first time this year and he came home for only a couple of months from the show circuit. We're going to be such nut cases when hopefully several of his foals arrive next spring!

We also bred "Striker" (our two year old fewcap) to Catch's dam and another mare that is related to Catch's dam in hopes for a similar replay to Catch. "Striker" is very closely related to Catch's sire "Winter Hawk" so we are excited about his breedings.

"Legend" may be expecting a foal next spring too out of a leopard mare.

Thanks again for the looks on this thread and the very kind comments. Hugs all around!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back