Lost Spoke Ranch AMHA World Show results!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost Spoke Ranch

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

Tommy and I have been home from the AMHA World a few days now, and can you believe it, we’re still not over it!

Before I share our results of the World I want to take an opportunity to thank and show my appreciation to those unsung hero’s that work so hard behind the scenes to help our horses show at their best possible. I would like to THANK and show my appreciation for Julieanna Myers with Victory Lane Training Center and Adam Longman of Longman Miniatures for their extraordinary work to help our horses Lost Spoke’s Bambi Kiss aka Bamster, CCMF Legacy’s Legend, and Lost Spoke’s Tymer’s Ben Hur aka Benny to stand out in the show ring this year. THANK YOU Kirby Jones and Josh Tibb’s of Aloha Acres for their unsurpassed skill conditioning and grooming Lost Spoke’s Winter Dream Catcher aka Catch and having him looking so incredible! THANK YOU Lee Crutchfield of Aloha Acres, Austin Van Wyck of Victory Lane Training Center, and to my husband in Ammy for weaving your magic and skill in show ring to show our horses at their very best. Hugs!

Each year the AMHA World continues to attract some of the finest small horses in existence and this years World was no exception. We had the honor to see and compete with some of the most competitive horses shown to date, so you can imagine how thrilled we are with the awards our horses were able to bring home for Lost Spoke Ranch. I checked the AMHA World results and we brought home:

2 AMHA World Championships brought home by Catch and Legend!

[SIZE=14pt]Catch and Lee Crutchfield[/SIZE] Photo by Dawn Thompson

2008worldcatchlee.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Legend and Austin Van Wyck[/SIZE] Photo by Dawn Thompson

2008worldlegendaustin.jpg

2 AMHA Reserve World Championships in halter brought home by Lost Spoke’s Bambi Kiss aka Bamster

[SIZE=14pt]Bamster[/SIZE] Photo by Dawn Thompson

2008worldbamster.jpg

11 AMHA World Top Five Awards brought home by Bamster, Catch, Miss O, Legend, and Lost Spoke’s Tymer’s Ben Hur aka Benny

[SIZE=14pt]Ben Hur and Tommy Thompson[/SIZE] Photo by Tony Greaves

benhurDSC_7692.jpg

4 AMHA World Top Ten Awards brought home by Bamster and Miss O

Benny was offered at the World Event sale and I’m so tickled he has gone to a wonderful home that already owns and shows several of his half brothers. We’re excited and looking forward to watching him continue his career in the show ring in both halter and driving. Go Benny!

Three of the above horses Bamster, Legend, and Benny measuring 28 ¼ and under and were the smaller individuals in their classes and all but one horse, Miss O, are app or app outcrosses, so who says quality can’t come in small, spotted packages?

I also want to give a thank you to those who made it a point to come up and say hello to Tommy and I. Gosh, we met folks from all over the World! Folks from Germany, Switzerland, Australia and the UK came up to say hello and we felt like celebs. Actually, it was Catch they really wanted to see and we were honored so many folks wanted to meet him in person. It was also nice to put faces to names with folks we’ve met online over the years, but hadn’t had the chance to meet in person until this year. Heather and Shannon of Mulligan’s Run, Sandy Revard (Semi’s mom) of Little Un Farms and Aubrey of Gander Hill come quickly to mind and we appreciate the opportunity to make your acquaintance.

Another highlight of the show was to meet Kriss Caloa’s new baby Min Pin “Rex” and for Tommy and I to again be god parents. That felt incredible!

A huge THANK YOU to all the folks at AMHA for putting on such an incredible show. It's always so great seeing, visiting with, and ribbing the office folks and this show was the best yet!

And lastly, thanks to all of you for letting me share my excitement and pride in our horses and all involved in helping us achieve these tremendous goals for Lost Spoke Ranch.

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
default_firstprize.gif

Awesome job!! I always enjoy seeing your horses, especially that Catch. That first pic of him makes him look like a Breyer model horse! He's just stunning!

Congrats again on your placings.

Tommy and Dawn it was also a pleasure finally getting to meet you. Congratulations on your wins, ya'll definitely deserved them. You both are truely some of the nicest people i have met in the breed. Hope to see ya'll again soon.

Aubrey

Congratulations on your wins at the world show. Will Catch stay in the East next year? I hate I missed seeing him in person in Fletcher this year.

Hi Dawn & Tommy

I just knew you guys would be so nice & I was right!

It was wonderful meeting you two. You guys make it FUN!

I just LOVED watching you two watching your horses in the ring

and celebrating together,, so nice! Made my heart smile
default_smile.png
)

Catch... well... I seemed to find myself over there gazing at him

a lot during the week... He just blows me away, just beautiful.

And now that Tymer is close by.......
default_smile.png
) Who knows....
default_smile.png
))))

I can't wait to see pics of that Strider (sp?) baby!!!! Hurry up!

I can't take it!

~Sandy (Semi's mom!
default_laugh.png
)

Congratulations on all of your World success, Dawn and Tommy!!! Catch looked beautiful out there in that ring and y'all deserved those wins more than anybody.

It was nice to meet y'all..... Hope to see you at Worlds next year!!!!

Congratulations on your great wins from your Beautiful Horses!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Joyce

CONGRATULATIONS on a fantastic showing! Your horses look fantastic! :D

Congratulations on your wonderful show! As always, I enjoyed seeing and visiting with you. Your horses couldn't have looked better.

Congratulations on a great show !! Catch is drop dead gorgous...

We we stalled in the same area with Lee Crutchfield at the AMHR Nationals, you have very handsome horses .....we met your husband one day while we had our leopard appaloosa filly named Diva out exersizing in the arena and were talking appy.
default_saludando.gif

Congratulations Dawn & Tommy on all your wins! Catch is very handsome, and I was delighted to see that Legend won too! I guess I need to think about getting his half-brother Carnival into the show ring!
default_smile.png
And Bamster is adorable, I'm not a huge fan of red horses, but I'd take that little gal home in a minute!

A job well done to all who helped in the successes!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back