Lost only foal of the yr

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for your loss - that is so sad. The foal looked normal - but sometimes things go wrong. I remember when Bahama lost her foal - I felt badly for you then. You aren't doing anything wrong - just some bad luck.

Hugs.

I am so sorry that you lost your foal. This is the part of breeding horses that I dislike - it can be such a bittersweet time of the year.

Hugs for you and your little mare.

These losses are so hard for we humans to endure, I am very sorry for this heartbreaking ending.

My question comes from two things you said "placenta was thick didn't look normal and liver issues with foal" --- has the mare been on fescue grass or hay? Both of these issues can happen with fescue endophyte ingestation, as well as early foal loss occuring 1 to 2 months ahead of full term. Just throwing this out there as a thought. As previously said, we often never know after these things happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry for your loss. That is so devastatingly heart breaking. We lost a gorgeous filly at 245 days this past November. Definitely have your mare tended to. In about a month I'd have a repro exam done on her and have the condition of her uterus checked. Hugs to you.

Latest posts

Back