Lost my Nelly Bell today. Feeling heartbroken

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amysue

Reaction score
Mccalls KL Janelle had been struggling for about a year with what we believe was a cystic ovary. Couldn't quite tell with ultrasounds, palpations were inconclusive but her colicky episodes every 3 weeks during her cycle lead me to that conclusion. We struggled to get her to settle, only successfully foaled once for us and aborted alot. She grew leaps and bounds in the short time we had her, even began taking small riders! I found her curled up in her stall this morning. Hubby and I are having a real hard time with this. All of the pieces are coming together and lead us to this conclusion. The herd just is not the same without her and with Janey and Pokey due so soon I am praying their stressing over her loss does not cause any more heartbreak.2017-04-20 12.38.56.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry for your loss Amysue. At least if she was in pain, she doesn't have to be anymore. Hope Janey & Pokey are taking it well.

So sorry for your loss.

Hope the other girls stress is minimal and they foal just fine for you.

Thank you, everybody for your kind words. Had to stable Pokey and Janey with the cows tonight...they wouldn't even walk into the barn. It is amazing what they know and can sense.

You are a great horse Mom and I'm glad she found her way to you. I am so sorry for your loss, our horses can be such great friends, even feel like family members. Janey and Pokey will be grieving too so I hope the stress does not adversely affect them.

You did what you could for your Nell and I understand the helpless feeling and the hurting heart..... Sending you my full sympathy

Latest posts

Back