Lost My Best Friend 2 Years Ago Today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hosscrazy

Reaction score
Hard to believe it's been 2 years already...

Cody was a very special horse to me ... some of us are blessed to meet a special horse that touches our soul. Of course we love all of our animals...but sometimes, somehow...a special shining star comes forward and etches a path in our hearts.

Cody was that horse. I was there when he was born and held him as he took his first breath. We had a sacred bond, something that I have never felt before - not with people and not with animals.

I lost him unexpectedly when he was 9 - lost him to intussusception. He never told me he was sick, never had a clue. It was sudden and I barely had a chance to say goodbye. The song The Dance by Garth Brooks says it all for me.

To Cody:

So, my dear Cody, I am sorry you had to leave me so quickly, but I am so eternally blessed to have met you. You changed my life forever ... you taught me to hold onto every prescious moment, and not take anything for granted. It can be gone tomorrow.

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.ph...448&hl=Cody

bunnyborn2.jpg

MistyCody.jpg

Snowman.jpg

duocopy.jpg

Sorry about your loss
default_sad.png
. I think we are very fortunate if we find that one truely special horse. Mine was Nikki a QH mare,she was given to me after the loss of my first child and I believe she healed my broken heart. She was 30 yrs old when she passed away,sure loved that horse
default_wub.png
. I will always cherish my memories of her. Cody sure was pretty,sounds like you were lucky to have each other
default_smile.png

Oh Liz...my gosh has it been 2 years already??!!
default_sad.png
I soooo remember that day. I know how much you cherished and loved Cody and I'm so very sorry you lost him so early in his little life. I'm thinking about you today....((Huggsszz)) my dear friend.

Oh GEEZ Liz. I can't believe it's been two years! I know hard hard it is.............

Hugs to you.

Carol

I am so very sorry Liz. I do remember how very special he was to you. (((HUGS))) to you on this difficult day.

Liz, I'm crying all over again. I'm SO sorry!
default_crybaby.gif
I can't believe it's been 2 years! I know it feels like yesterday to your heart.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Liz I am so sorry you lost your best buddy. They say time heals but I understand how you feel. I to am waiting for the pain of the loss of a dear animal friend to heal. You have honored your dear Cody and I know he is there with you in spirit. Prayers your heart can heal and feel comfort and happiness in the memory of your boy Cody.

Liz, it doesn't seem like it could have been 2 years. I know you think of him every day, and you always will (and I will think of Winston every day). With some forum members, I cannot think of them and not also think of their special animal and Cody who I think of when I think of you. His face, it really says it all. You can tell what a kind heart he had.

I've lost a horse before many, many years ago and it was not easy. I'm so sorry for your loss. The sting is not so great now and I Remember the good times and how much I loved her. You will to as I'm sure you do and it does get easier year after year. But, it still hurts it's a hurt that can't be taken back when you've loved them soooo much with all your being. My heart goes out to you. Take time to enjoy your memorys and take time for your tears. TJ

Latest posts

Back