Lost a Dear Friend This Morning

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
Got a frantic call from Leesa this morning to come as King was down. Our vet was out of town. Bye the time I got the 3 miles to her house King was gone.

King had not been feeling well but was doing better, his bloodwork had shown his mineral balance was out of kilter but that was it. Guess earlier last evening he got to feeling bad again and they called their back up vet and he told them what to do and he got to feeling better and to bring him into the clinic this morning. Leesa had been up every hour or two to check on him as he was in her front yard and she could see him from her window.

She found him down at 4:00 and I called my emergency back up vet as her vet was not available and our regular vet was gone for the weekend. It was only a few minutes later that Leesa called and said he was gone.

King and Leesa were going to Nationals to try and finish his HOF in Roadster--he needed less than 15 points to finish and Leesa had leased him from his owner Beverly in hopes of finishing it for her.

I almost crammed King down Bev's throat when I knew he was up for sale and had said that if she didn't buy him I woul and as most stories go, that was the beginning.

GOOD BYE DEAR BOY--Take your cart and flying we will watch you streak across the sky as you take you last lap. You will leave a deep hole in not only my heart but in the hearts of everyone you came in touch with.

Bev and Leesa--you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

FLY BIG BOY, FLY--you were one of a kind

Davie

I am so sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you.

My thoughts are with all who loved him

Oh Davie,

I am so sorry this has happened. King was an awesome little guy. He looked SOOO good at the last Ada show they were at. My heart goes out to Leesa. She has been through way too much this year.

It will be a sad nationals for her this year.

I am sorry you lost such a great horse, Beverly.

Barbara Kilkenny

KilkennyMiniature Horse Farm

www.kilkennyfarms.com

I am so sorry for your loss.

Hugs

Bonnie

I am so sorry for all of you that loved him. Sounds like it was fast. You all did what you could.

default_no.gif
Wow...I am so sorry to here of the loss of such a good horse.

Oh gosh, how sad. Really sad.........

So sorry this happened to you all.

Beth

It sounds like he touched a lot of peoples lives. So sorry for everyone's loss.
default_no.gif

So sad for all of you who loved him.......
default_no.gif

Sorry for your loss.

If you ever find out the cause of his demise, please share it with us.

Latest posts

Back