Loss of a legendary, pioneering comedianne...Phyllis Diller

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margo_C-T

Reaction score
I was quite saddened to hear that Phyllis Diller had died(at the age of 95!) She did her last show...in Vegas, I believe...at the age of 84.

We LOVED Phyllis Diller; would be SURE to watch any show that featured her, back in the day. She was genuinely hilarious, never off-color(at least, never on TV), and herself had a raucous laugh that brought laughter to YOUR lips, too! Her outfits and 'hairdo'(wigs, most of which looked as if 'styled' by a Mixmaster!)were outlandish, but perfect for her on-stage persona. In real life, she seemed a very normal, and nice, person.

For you younger folks on here who haven't heard of her, try to find a clip you can watch...well worth it for the laughter!!

RIP, Phyllis...bet you've brought a new round of guffaws and cackles to Heaven!!

Margo

I heard this on GMA this morning, so sad, seems we have lost alot of the great old entertainers this year. Her silly wigs, great laugh will be missed, not to forget her wit and one liners! All I can say is at least she didn't suffer in any way, as she died in her sleep, very peacfully!

Me too! Margo you really summed her up, especially her hair, lol I also loved watching her as a kid and dont know of anyone that didnt enjoy her. I am so glad she had such a long and full life and am sure she entertained generations. I did not realize she was also an accomplished pianist and artist. She was also a non smoker- the cigarette holders were just a prop! RIP Phyllis - truly an icon in the world of comedy!

I didn't know that Ms. Diller was an atheist,and don't think it has one thing to do with anyone's enjoyment of her humor; have to wonder why it was brought up here, really.

For the record, I happen to think that just because someone doesn't believe in God may not have to mean that God doesn't believe in them...and I'm happy to stand by my statement about bringing laughter to Heaven.

Margo

just because someone doesn't believe in God may not have to mean that God doesn't believe in them...
WOW Margo....I absolutely LOVE this quote of yours!

Yes, I too remember watching Phyllis Diller as a youngster and thinking what a wild and crazy lady she was! Always liked her comedy and wild looks. I believe it was her off the wall style of hers that made her a HUGE part of who she was. And for me, I think that name of hers coulkdn;t have been better suited for her! Does anyone know if this was her given birth names??

I didn't know that Ms. Diller was an atheist,and don't think it has one thing to do with anyone's enjoyment of her humor; have to wonder why it was brought up here, really.

For the record, I happen to think that just because someone doesn't believe in God may not have to mean that God doesn't believe in them...and I'm happy to stand by my statement about bringing laughter to Heaven.

Margo
It wasn't brought up other than being on a page where a really great photo of her famous hair do was shown...and I'm not sure why it would bother you if it was. I googled for a picture of her "do" and that was the first page that came up - so that's the link that got posted. So what if she didn't believe in a god...it has absolutely nothing to do with how talented she was. She happens to be an atheist....so
default_smile.png

Thanks for that link Chanda. So Diller was a real name...from her first husband, but it sure seemed to fit who she was, to a T!

I loved her. Another icon gone.
default_sad.png

SHE WAS ONE OF A KIND!!!!!!!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back