Looking For Small Wire over feeders

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefeather

Reaction score
Several days ago someone posted on here how she had put small wire over her feeders so the horses had to take a long time to eat their hay. I tried using the search option, but couldn't find it. Does someone remember who that was or where I can find it?

Thanks,

Pam

Was it the hay feeder? If so, that was me...on the "Who feeds Bermuda?" thread.
default_smile.png

This is one I made. I made 10 of them for 50.00. Mine have been up for almost 2 years and still going strong even with all the butt itching they are still perfect no bends at all.

Panelhayfeeder.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks very interesting, what material did you use, and what size are the squares? Thanks for the idea.

Openings are 2" by 3 3/4" I used something similar to cattle panels

I used those same panels on my big bunk feeders, and they work great. Just cut them to size, grinded down all the sharp edges, and tack welded them.

Caution>>>>>>>>> But I did have a horse that got a tooth caught on a wire, and the tooth had to be pulled. Thank goodness it was a baby tooth. It was just a freak accident.

I have also had a horse hang a tooth on panels like that. Our hay stall at the old barn was made of panels from about 2' up, and she reached through to grab a bite....and had to have the tooth pulled.

Jan

wildoak were the openings 2" x 4" or the bigger cattle panel openings?

With the smaller openings the horses can't get their nose through the opening they can only use their lips to pull the hay through, slows them down BIG TIME hay lasts hours longer.

Latest posts

Back