Looking for shafts.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bozley

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for 54" wooden shafts for my cart. Any idea where I can find them?

Sue

I'm not sure, but I would contact this site and see if they have them. They advertise carts with 54" shafts and cart parts.

MiniTack

Thanks for the tip! I think the ones they have are metal but I just sent them an email asking.

Sue

Here is another site....they list 60 inch and one size smaller just no number of inches listed.

Alberta Carriage Supply

They may be able to point you to another site if they can't get them.

Thanks! I appreciate your help. I just sent them an email as well as Jerald Sulky. My daughter's next show that she will be driving in is August 31st so I really need to find some soon.

Sue

Sue, if you can't find any shafts before hopkinton, let me know. We have an easy entry cart and I think we could bring it if you need one. It is no where near as fancy as your cart but it would allow her to drive. None of ours will be ready to go by then.

Alpine Manufacturing

This company makes miniature horse wood shafts and full size horse shafts, carts too. We used to order shafts for him when I worked for a sulky shop...nice folks too.

Connie, I will look into Alpine Manufacturing today. Thank you!

Matt, if we don't get them in time for the Hopkinton show, I may take you up on the offer. We have an easy entry too but for some reason this brand is very small. There is no way Big Beautiful Belle could squeeze into it. But I know she has fit into other easy entries before.

And don't worry, it definitely will be Makayla driving not me. So the cart will be in one piece when she comes out of the ring!

Sue

Sue-

Contact Jen McGarvey and see if she has Hillarys phone number - or if you have Hillarys email addy you can email her. Jen said she took shafts with her to KY, so you just need to get a hold of her and you'll have one or get a set - just in case!!
default_rolleyes.gif
That way you know the shafts will fit seeing it was one of her carts.

Good luck - also try Big D Tack they may have replacement shafts

Julie

Thanks Julie!

Jen M. has been trying to get a hold of Hillary for me. Hillary's cell phone only works in certain areas so she is having trouble reaching her. She did text message her so hopefully we will be able to connect soon.

Sue

Sue if I were going to Hopkinton I'd bring my jerald or easy entry along for her to use but we have to go to Colonial for year ends. I'd let her use it in a minute and you also. That was just a freak accident that day and the ring is a bit narrow for driving especially for beginners.

Thanks Diana.

I am going to try to get a hold of Hillary. I think she is my best bet to get something that will fit my cart properly.

I have also decided that in the future I either watch Makayla in a class or I drive in the class without her. The two just don't mix. She is a huge distraction.
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back