Looking for Photos for Pedigree

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniNHF

Reaction score
I have done a lot of research/searching for photos in my attempt to find as many pictures I can for my minis pedigree. I have found a good amount but cant seem to locate the other good amount
default_smile.png

So I figured I would ask here if anyone might have any of these minis photos, I understand that some of these pictures might not exsist any more but its worth a shot. Hopefully I am spelling the names right and I also picked up what colors I could off of all breeds pedigrees: (most are mares)

• Stallions:
    NFC Egyptian Kings Top Account
  • Bond Coy Toy (Chestnut Pinto)
  • Bond Sandpappy
  • Bond Caesar (Palomino Pinto)
  • Ohio Sheekabob (Gray)
  • Ohio Tiny Tim
  • Dell Teras Tinker (Blue Roan)
  • Hercules Vant Hunttenest
  • Frans Little Junior (Chestnut)
  • Merrys Golden Mohawk (Palomino)

[*]Mares:

• Little Kings MLady Buckeroo (Sorrel)
  • Cross Autumns Shavone (Black)
  • Cross Autumns Dolly (Bay)
  • Komokos Lady Lace (Chestnut)
  • Komokos Buttons (Chestnut)
  • Komokos Lady Bug (Bay)
  • Mine of Lingerlong (Bay)
  • Dell Teras Silver Mist (Gray)
  • Dell Teras Jane (Gray)
  • Dell Teras Lady Busbin
  • Dels Honey Bee (Palomino)
  • Dell Teras Lady of Spain
  • Frans Little Bit (Chestnut)
  • Frans Ginger Girl (Chestnut)
  • Bond Cinnamon Surprise
  • Bony Gold Jubilee
  • Bond Stencil
  • Bond Marbles (Chestnut Pinto)
  • Bond Honey Dew (Sorrel)
  • Bond Free Lance (Black Pinto)
  • Bond Samantha (Chestnut Tobino)
  • Flying W Farms Serenade
  • L&D April Lady (Black Pinto)
  • Ginns Melody (Sorrel)
  • Irenes Starlight (Palomino)
  • Vanilla 3rd (Palomino)
  • Ohio Nellie Gray
  • Ohio Midnight Delight

Last edited by a moderator:
Ginns Melody (Sorrel)

Merrys Golden Mohawk (Palomino)

Irenes Starlight (Palomino)

Vanilla 3rd (Palomino)

I have pics of these 4 but only on paper and stored is my Kodac file. I'll see if I can post them some how, but found them on Woodstocks website back when they had one! I have a stallion who has them in his linage too!

In all my years of searching, I have NEVER seen a pic of Vanilla 3rd. I have a grandson of hers- the silver Appy in my avatar. I have another mare that goes back to her also. Seen plenty of Johnstons Vanilla but never Vanilla 3rd. Thought I had a pic of Merrys Golden Mohawk but didnt. Hope you find some of these.

If you ever get around to it that would be great! I did a couple generations back farther then normal but Im fascinated with that kind of thing and seeing what the others looked like and how their look changed over time into the mini I have today.

Ginns Melody (Sorrel)
Merrys Golden Mohawk (Palomino)
Irenes Starlight (Palomino)
Vanilla 3rd (Palomino)

I have pics of these 4 but only on paper and stored is my Kodac file. I'll see if I can post them some how, but found them on Woodstocks website back when they had one! I have a stallion who has them in his linage too!
Same here, for how often I found Vanilla 3rd mentioned I cannot find a single picture, and like you said there is plenty of Johnstons Vanilla out there. Im sure alot come from old magazines and books perhaps.

In all my years of searching, I have NEVER seen a pic of Vanilla 3rd. I have a grandson of hers- the silver Appy in my avatar. I have another mare that goes back to her also. Seen plenty of Johnstons Vanilla but never Vanilla 3rd. Thought I had a pic of Merrys Golden Mohawk but didnt. Hope you find some of these.

I had a 10 yr collection of photos of many 100's of "old time" horses and I lost all of them when I lost my computer
default_crybaby.gif

They can't be replaced
default_sad.png

oh wow that is very unfortunate
default_sad.png
I have lost files that way be the computer crash or whatever, even if I have had things backed up ive had that fail

I had a 10 yr collection of photos of many 100's of "old time" horses and I lost all of them when I lost my computer
default_crybaby.gif

They can't be replaced
default_sad.png

I have a complete copy of the Woodstock North's website (Nancy sent it to me when Silverado came here to retire), and I've searched and found reference to some of the horses, but no actual pictures of them. But here's what was on the Woodstock North site for the information they did provide on the Gold Melody Boy lineages:

GINNS MELODY (no photo)
45271 Sorrel, Dam of GOLD MELODY BOY. Her pedigree goes back
to DUNROVINS SILVER LARIGO in the OLD Shetland bloodlines.

MERRYS GOLDEN MOHAWK (no photo)
61614A, Palomino, pedigree goes back to Euless Royal Flush and Countess
Larigo of Montrose

These are the only references I find of Irene's Starlight:

MOHAWKS GOLDEN STARLIGHT (no photo)
AMHA Reg. I00088B, AMHR Reg. 701P 3/19/64 33.50 Palomino Mare, Sired by Merry's
Golden Mohawk and dam is Irenes Starlight.

MOHAWKS GOLDEN GIRL (no photo)
Shetland no 1167184 Palomino Dam of JOHNSTONS GOLDEN GIRL, dam of JOHNSTONS
SILVER. Sired by MERRYS GOLDEN MOHAWK and out of IRENES STARLIGHT.

STARLITE II (no photo)
AMHR 705P, 3-16-68, Palomino Mare with snip, 33.50, Sire is Merry's Golden
Mohawk, dam Irenes Starlight

STARLITE III (no photo)
AMHR 700P, 2-23-70, Palomino with Blaze, 33.75 inches, Sired by Merrys Golden
Mohawk, dam is Irenes Starlight II and Starlight III are full sisters.

And this is the only reference I find on Vanilla 3rd -- with a picture of Vanilla 3rd of course

JOHNSTONS VANILLA R01827P 6-23-75
Palomino. Direct daughter of GOLD MELODY BOY and dam of BOONES LITTLE BUCKAROO. Johnstons Vanillas dam is Vanilla 3rd and she is sired by Merrys Golden Mohawk.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all that information
default_smile.png
Thats better then nothing at all

I have a complete copy of the Woodstock North's website (Nancy sent it to me when Silverado came here to retire), and I've searched and found reference to some of the horses, but no actual pictures of them. But here's what was on the Woodstock North site for the information they did provide on the Gold Melody Boy lineages:

GINNS MELODY (no photo)
45271 Sorrel, Dam of GOLD MELODY BOY. Her pedigree goes back
to DUNROVINS SILVER LARIGO in the OLD Shetland bloodlines.

MERRYS GOLDEN MOHAWK (no photo)
61614A, Palomino, pedigree goes back to Euless Royal Flush and Countess
Larigo of Montrose

These are the only references I find of Irene's Starlight:

MOHAWKS GOLDEN STARLIGHT (no photo)
AMHA Reg. I00088B, AMHR Reg. 701P 3/19/64 33.50 Palomino Mare, Sired by Merry's
Golden Mohawk and dam is Irenes Starlight.

MOHAWKS GOLDEN GIRL (no photo)
Shetland no 1167184 Palomino Dam of JOHNSTONS GOLDEN GIRL, dam of JOHNSTONS
SILVER. Sired by MERRYS GOLDEN MOHAWK and out of IRENES STARLIGHT.

STARLITE II (no photo)
AMHR 705P, 3-16-68, Palomino Mare with snip, 33.50, Sire is Merry's Golden
Mohawk, dam Irenes Starlight

STARLITE III (no photo)
AMHR 700P, 2-23-70, Palomino with Blaze, 33.75 inches, Sired by Merrys Golden
Mohawk, dam is Irenes Starlight II and Starlight III are full sisters.

And this is the only reference I find on Vanilla 3rd -- with a picture of Vanilla 3rd of course

JOHNSTONS VANILLA R01827P 6-23-75
Palomino. Direct daughter of GOLD MELODY BOY and dam of BOONES LITTLE BUCKAROO. Johnstons Vanillas dam is Vanilla 3rd and she is sired by Merrys Golden Mohawk.

You're very welcome.

And Laurie, I'm with you. SOMEONE MUST have a picture of Vanilla 3rd somewhere, but I've never found one either!

You might check Little America's reference section and see if you can find any of those horses there. Some don't have pictures, but there is a lot of information on Tony's website.

I have never seen a picture of Ginns Melody. I have stacks of old Pony Journals and have searched for years for a picture of her. I would love to have one since she is the granddam / great-granddam of most of my ponies. Sadly, I do not think there are any......

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanilla 3rd was the granddam of the silver dapple Appy stallion in my avatar. She was bred to Chianti and produced the fabulous Shadow Oaks Cock Robin- a chestnut Appy, who is the sire of my stallion. I would give just about anything for a photo of her.

As would we all, Laurie. She produced gorgeous foals, but sadly I guess we'll never "see" her. She's in so many fabulous pedigrees. I, too, would give so much to see a photo of her.

I had photos of some of those horses and they were lost when I lost my old computer
default_crybaby.gif

Actually I did find that site and was very helpful either in information or photos. I think I might have gotten to every site out there with reference sires lol

Reference Dam's are hard to come by from what I found and the mares are the most im missing.

You might check Little America's reference section and see if you can find any of those horses there. Some don't have pictures, but there is a lot of information on Tony's website.

I was posting about the info regarding Brewer's Little Comet. There is nowhere I can find a picture of him online. It says he is or was a dappled grey but they list both his parents in Poloaris Vant Huttenest and his dam in Victory Bird Vant Huttenest as Chestnuts?? And the grey doesn't show up until Polaris's mother. There was a picture of him but it is in black and white and can't figure out what color he is supposed to really be. Anybody here know?? Or are they actually silver dapples.??

Polaris is on our Historical Stallions page and is a silver dapple, which many used to call chestnut years ago.

Click on name to see him.

I wondered about his being grey or chestnut as he looked like a silver dapple in the picture. So what would Brewers Little Comet be as I can't find a picture of him anywhere online. Said he was a dappled grey but I am starting to wonder if he actually was a silver dapple as well.

Latest posts

Back