Looking for new trailers is TOUGH

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLC Stables

Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading to a different trailer.............thinking a gooseneck but not sure, and it is really tough to find exactly what I want in a price range I can afford............does anyone have any advice???

I know exactly where you are coming from. I went trailer shopping a year and a half ago and it was a little scary! I decided that I wanted aluminum and the new ones seemed way out of my price range. I looked at used (and some were so used I wouldn't own one!) but looked at new too. I ended up finding exactly what I wanted new at a price I could afford.

Shop around. Look at all brands. There is a wide range of prices. Don't settle for anything less than what you want. Even if it means some creative financing.
smile.gif

Here's an idea for you. Find a good one -then let me know so I can buy one too
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, if you'd like to PM me, I could give you some thoughts on my trailer hunting. I've been looking off an on for 14 years and my husband said this might actually be the year he'll agree (of course that was before the fields decided to burn up in the drought and get eaten by bugs so who knows now) I could tell you some of the good and bad I've learned. And yes I am definately shopping on a budget. I'd prefer a pm though because if I don't like a certain trailer someone owns or have seen something I don't care for about it, I wouldn't want to offend anyone or make them feel they have a lesser trailer. These are just my personal preference
biggrin.gif

It took us about a year to find a trailer we wanted. We went to our local fair last year and booom there it was and the price was right. We went to alot of trailer dealers and to big horse events and walked around and looked in people's trailers. Talk to people to see what they like and dislike about their trailers.

I know a couple of Utah people are coming up to our fair to shop for L/Q trailers. Sometimes you can fall into a deal where someone is getting out of horses and pick theirs up and it is all customized. We did that with our first trailer.

Good Luck and I feel your pain....
smile.gif

Tammi

I have a couple of friends looking for trailers too and they say the same thing.

One of them wants MY trailer, and apparently the company doesn't make them this way anymore, so she's having to look for used (and keeps telling ME to buy a new one and sell her mine, lol). My other friend was looking for a living quarters trailer, then finally decided to upgrade their motorhome instead, but she still needs to replace the bumper pull trailer she has now, to pull behind it. I'm just glad that I lucked into being able to buy my brother in law's old trailer when he went to buy new-- it's a gooseneck with a dressing room up front, and a separate mid-tack. Nothing fancy at all, but it suits me.

Good luck Rob, on your trailer hunt!

Try the Forum(s)at www.horsetrailerworld.com. Lots of knowledgeable people, and excellent info, there.

thinking a gooseneck but not sure, and it is really tough to find exactly what I want in a price range I can afford...
Isn't that always the way about everything.
biggrin.gif

Erica has a gooseneck she got from Wrangler and it is really nice. I like the set up she has with the drop down windows. It can hold up to 7. We just purchased a new trailer this year, but it is a bumper pull that will hold 5.

Rob,

Let me know what you are looking for, I just might have it in stock or can find it for you (Sundowner, S & H, Exiss and many pre-owned trailers)
biggrin.gif
I'll deliver to AMHR Nationals at no added cost too
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back