Looking for information on a Pinto Horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy'sMom

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Buckskin Overo Pinto mare that I was told was registered with PtHA, but they didn't know the registration name. I am trying to find out some information on this poor girl. She has been moved around quite a bit lately, unfortunately. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other forums for either Quarter Horses or Pintos that I could post her picture. I really want to find someone that might have owned her at one time. I was told she is 10 or 11, but I don't know for sure. She is short, she is actually closer to pony size, either 14.1 or 14.2. If you know where I can post pictures of her, I would greatly appreciate it! I will include a couple of pictures here, just in case anyone here recognizes her.

I purchased her in Allegan, MI.

Here coloring is like the first pictures, it was bad lighting in the last one, she isn't that light.

043.jpg

084.jpg

090.jpg

Thank you everyone!!

Last edited by a moderator:
you could try the AQHA, or try a QH forum, or look at her upper lip for a tattoo... does she have a brand or freeze burn? she is without papers right ? and the previous owner did or did not tell you about the owners before? If you are in California try the " Bay Area Equestrian Network", try it anyway to guide you in the right direction. Opps i see your in MI... so look up Quarter Horse breeders and ask them where to look, and show them photos, maybe they will recognise the markings Good Luck

Last edited:
She will not be registered as a Quarter Horse in any way... APHA (Paint), maybe. PtHA - would be Pinto registration - and it would be very hard (but not impossible) to find her in there. Local saddle club/4H/trail horse groups might be able to help... they might recognise her!

Sorry! I should have been more clear. I just call her a quarter horse, because she is built like one. They had said she was registered with PtHA, but it could have been APHA too I suppose. I was just hoping that someone would know of another forum for big horses that I could post her in to see if anyone there recognized her at all.

I just saw this and thought I would add that it wouldnt hurt to show her to some AQHA people since there are plenty of crop-outs that are still registered with AQHA but have lots of white, I have even seen frame overos that were out of two QH parents so anything is possible and you are better off checking everywhere you can since it will already be very difficult to track her papers and old owners down.

Latest posts

Back