Looking for Farm name of Mini Budweiser Horse at AMHR Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Performancemini

Reaction score
Hi. I am looking for the name/farm of the entry at the AMHR Nationals that showed the Miniature "Budweiser" horse pulling the hitch wagon. Hope he/she will share how to get those shaggy leggings to stay on/up. Thanks.

Anyone????? I am not doing the Budweiser horse costume, another type for a huge horse expo we are participating in.

I know which one you are talking about but I do not remember the name/farm who did it. I would say it is something along the lines of velcro straps etc sort of like how jumping boots stay on etc.

I found something online that said Little Big Ranch, but couldn't find a site or names. Try velcro on elastic straps? Good luck! Hope to see some pictures!

We've done a lot of costumes; but I thought they might have the best idea for it. I figured velcro. The horse isn't fond of elastic, at least around his pasterns because we tried that one once and he disliked the feel. I think he'll do velcro strapped around and then we usually use velcro to go down the length to close the leggings. (We have done numerous costumes with legs, but they are usually a continuation of a body part costume).

Depending on what you are doing, you could always use something a little stiffer to give it some structure. What comes to my mind is fly boots, they're flexible but still maintain their shape. If you have a set of those laying around, maybe add a cover to it to create the illusion you are trying to present? And then again, they may not hold up to additional weight...

Hey Performancemini... not sure if the expo is past or not, but yesterday I was helping a lady with her miniature donkeys, she made her driving team bud "clydes" for a parade one year, she used kids tube socks (cut off the heel down) & cut up a white wig to make the feathers. She showed me that, and I thought of you. She said that even with the constant movement they stayed where they were supposed to.

Yes. The expo is over-but we ended up buying shipping boots . The ones where they are all the same (no over the hocks type). Then we handstitched long fake fur on the tops. Put them on. Pulled the fur down and velcro'd them to close them. Sadly, he wouldn't wear the hind ones in. Had a real fuss. Kicking up at his stomach and hopping and tripping himself walking. So we took them off in back and he went in 'half dressed'. We will need to spend more time acquainting him with them at home. I think he will wear them with a little more time. By the way-the costuming was the Disney movie "Brave" and he was Angus, the Shire horse. My Mom led him. (the sleeves on her costume were nasty to sew-not doing them again, LOL!).

Sadly, we didn't get any pics of her. But she is going to use it again this year, so will try to get one then. I have the hang of downloading pics onto my computer files now. So maybe I can figure out how to get em on here!

Latest posts

Back